Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berra has confirmed he is leaving 09:02 - May 9 with 3787 viewsbluesym

Good luck to him.Been a great servent for us really.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:50 - May 9 with 941 viewschislehurstblue

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:47 - May 9 by Steve_M

You exaggerate as much as those fans you accuse of talking Smith up too much. Smith isn't as good as Berra but he's a solid second-tier defender, not particularly slow either. He is better than Berra on the ball but that isn't a high benchmark.

He is massively vulnerable to being caught by a ball over the top though.

No I am not. Smith is poor. I disagree about him better than Berra on the ball. Smith cant pass at all. I can see Smith going this summer.

If we want to improve next season than Smith cant be in the starting 11.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:51 - May 9 with 941 viewsPJH

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:47 - May 9 by Steve_M

You exaggerate as much as those fans you accuse of talking Smith up too much. Smith isn't as good as Berra but he's a solid second-tier defender, not particularly slow either. He is better than Berra on the ball but that isn't a high benchmark.

He is massively vulnerable to being caught by a ball over the top though.

I think the main thing that will be missed with Berra going is his physical strength because none of our other defenders can match a big opposition centre forward in a physical battle-Berra usually came out on top in those.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:51 - May 9 with 943 viewsSteve_M

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:47 - May 9 by chicoazul

Peace out Berra, you gave some of the best and some of the worst performances ive seen a CB have in the shirt. Good luck back home.

Imagine we will sign another CB now. Chambers Smith and Webster with Knudsen backing up looks a little bit lightweight to me.

He has had some crap matches but some of the overall worst performances when we've had Bryan Gayle, David Linighan, Venus and McGreal 2002 vintage and Alex Bruce amongst others?

Bruce and Balkestein versus Newcastle.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:53 - May 9 with 935 viewschislehurstblue

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:51 - May 9 by PJH

I think the main thing that will be missed with Berra going is his physical strength because none of our other defenders can match a big opposition centre forward in a physical battle-Berra usually came out on top in those.

Agreed. Even on Sunday when Berra lost the ball he was quick and strong enough to win the ball that.

We need a dominate CB.
Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:56 - May 9 with 925 viewschicoazul

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 09:51 - May 9 by Steve_M

He has had some crap matches but some of the overall worst performances when we've had Bryan Gayle, David Linighan, Venus and McGreal 2002 vintage and Alex Bruce amongst others?

Bruce and Balkestein versus Newcastle.

The Lincoln away was maybe the most embarrassed I have ever been for an Ipswich CB and I saw Gayle play against Brighton at home in 90 or whenever it was. But I like Berra and wish him well, and he was very solid the 2 or 3 seasons before this one. Need a replacement from outside the club now though and I would be surprised if we got someone as good as him on our budget.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Berra has confirmed he is leaving on 10:30 - May 9 with 896 viewsGuthrum

Good defender, especially in the play-off season when he scored all those goals as well. However, his form has been rather patchy for around the last year and a half.

Still, he leaves with my thanks and best wishes for the future.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024