Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
with webster in the team 09:41 - May 9 with 1184 viewssimoitfc

it will give us a different dynamic
if mick allows him to be creative not just a static defender. which i dont hold my breath about
with webster in the team on 09:42 - May 9 with 1174 viewsSteve_M

Yes, well August is a long time away if you try holding your breath.

Given Mick played Webster last season despite a few mistakes and, once he had settled, encouraged him to use the ball do explain why he won't do the same next season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

with webster in the team on 09:44 - May 9 with 1165 viewsPJH

Despite the fact that MM was happy for Webster to carry the ball forward before Webster's injury?
I think MM encouraged him to run with the ball before so why shouldn't he in the future?
with webster in the team on 09:58 - May 9 with 1126 viewsunstableblue

see my stats post, Webster actually was pretty poor in distribution. The problem is as you say is there not being a system for him to break forward and be back filled but also critically there is no dynamic midfield in front of him to distribute to.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

with webster in the team on 10:01 - May 9 with 1114 viewsElderGrizzly

with webster in the team on 09:42 - May 9 by Steve_M

Yes, well August is a long time away if you try holding your breath.

Given Mick played Webster last season despite a few mistakes and, once he had settled, encouraged him to use the ball do explain why he won't do the same next season.

Indeed. Webster was bringing the ball out every game
with webster in the team on 10:04 - May 9 with 1101 viewsconnorscontract

with webster in the team on 09:58 - May 9 by unstableblue

see my stats post, Webster actually was pretty poor in distribution. The problem is as you say is there not being a system for him to break forward and be back filled but also critically there is no dynamic midfield in front of him to distribute to.

Huws would improve that, if we can sign him.
with webster in the team on 10:12 - May 9 with 1079 viewstractorshark

Smith on the left of a 3, Chambers on the right, Webster in the middle.
That would allow him to push forward into an Eric Dier role if the game permits.
We still need another CB though. Knudsen and Spence can cover but we need one more and I'm worried by Taylor's injury record.
with webster in the team on 10:16 - May 9 with 1068 viewsclive_baker

with webster in the team on 09:58 - May 9 by unstableblue

Correct, it's not possible to say his distribution was poor when at time you've got a central midfield partnership of Douglas and Skuse blowing out of their hoops chasing shadows rather than showing for the ball. Put him in the Fulham side and that statistic would improve greatly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024