Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Money 23:44 - Jun 1 with 929 viewsitfcbam

Looking at the prem payments last season shows what a financial gulf we are having to bridge each season. The 3 that came down this season all earned at least 90 mil. Norwich and Villa have got 40 mil in parachute payments, also Fulham, Reading and Cardiff 16.9 mill with QPR somewhere in between those figures. That's 9 teams with a massive advantage over the likes of us and that doesn't include those like Derby, Forest, Leeds, Wolves and a few others who get far bigger gates than us.
Certainly explains why we struggle to compete with wages, fees, etc. with many of these clubs. Also shows that, despite the style of play (which is a bone of contention), MM had previously done very well to have 3 top 10 finishes in season prior to the last one. Will also show the difficulty any manager will have getting even into the top half. Perhaps we need to consider some of these facts and have some semblance of reality before slinging some of the abuse that flies around on this site.
Sky Money on 10:16 - Jun 2 with 798 viewsrickw

That money makes a huge difference and I don't think anyone disputes he did a good job in getting us to the play-offs, and last season we probably finished about the right position for our turnover.

However that just shows how the club is shrinking under the current regime, 10 years ago we were averaging 24-25k each week and were undoubtedly one of the biggest Championship clubs. Between Evans's lack of investment and McCarthy's dull football we will continue to shrink as a club....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Sky Money on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 789 viewsMJallday

i was with you right up until you started to equate why we're so terrible - to parachute payments.

also
* parachute payments are not at fault for us playing a dreadful style of football (which ultimatly is the reason why you go up/down/stay where you are)
* huddersfield didnt get any of these - and they went up
* parachute payments havent helped norwich, villa or qpr.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Sky Money on 10:21 - Jun 2 with 788 viewschicoazul

Parachute payments a re a curse on the clubs receiving them. It seems to me they are designed to protect the incomes of the players not the sustainability of the clubs. You sign a bunch of good but mercenary rseholes on 3 year deals who poison your dressing room, you cant then be surprised if those guys fail to turn up at Rotherham away.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024