Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Security at the O2 recently 16:30 - Jun 11 with 2173 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Went last night to Take That (as a plus one I might add). Have no gripes about entrance to the arena itself. Everyone went through a body scanner. Good work.

However the system at the main O2 entrance seems ridiculous.

-People with bags have to queue for a bag search and also get a full body scan. The queues for these were huge.

-If you have no bag, as I didn't, you are free to wander in without any search whatsoever.

I'm happy if they search every bag or I'm happy if they search every person.
But to waste security staff giving body scans on some people while letting others just wander in unchecked is daft.

Incidentally, people with bags who come through the 'no bag' entrance get taken straight to the scanners and jump the queue.
Security at the O2 recently on 16:57 - Jun 11 with 2056 viewsSarge

Out of interest, were they the metal arch type ones or the intrusive train toilet type things that American international prisons, sorry, airports have as standard?
Security at the O2 recently on 17:03 - Jun 11 with 2024 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Security at the O2 recently on 16:57 - Jun 11 by Sarge

Out of interest, were they the metal arch type ones or the intrusive train toilet type things that American international prisons, sorry, airports have as standard?

Metal arch ones. With people with a paddle scanning anyone who sets them off.
Security at the O2 recently on 17:13 - Jun 11 with 1992 viewsSarge

Security at the O2 recently on 17:03 - Jun 11 by Cheshire_Tractor

Metal arch ones. With people with a paddle scanning anyone who sets them off.

Ok, guess that's not too bad then.
Security at the O2 recently on 17:23 - Jun 11 with 1961 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Security at the O2 recently on 17:13 - Jun 11 by Sarge

Ok, guess that's not too bad then.

Not bad no.

It was more that they were scanning some people and not others that seemed pointless. They could have used those security staff to have more lanes doing bag searches and cut the massive queues.

Either that or scan everybody.

The point is I had a mobile phone and some money in my pocket and did not get scanned. My friend had a mobile phone and some money in her handbag and got scanned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024