Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield 19:38 - Jun 28 with 9195 viewsBlueNomad

Huws, Skuse, Celina, Rowe, Ward, Bishop, Hyam - good start to the pool of potential starters (Hyam backup to Skuse?)
Midfield on 11:04 - Jun 29 with 1083 viewsCaptainObvious

Midfield on 10:16 - Jun 29 by dirtyboy

I don't think our midfield was ever that bad, it was having strikers that scored 16 goals between them that's the issue. (Pitman 4, Sears 7 and McGoldrick 5) ANY decent team needs a striker to put away 15-20 goals a season. Not just for the goals, but when a striker is on form, he gets more attention and that frees up space elsewhere for others to chip in. That position is so important.

Had Lawrence not scored 9 league goals himself, we'd have been in a right mess.

Garner and McGoldrick have to step up this season.

Huws did score 3 in his half season, so you'd hope he'd chip in with 6 or 7 this year.

I'm not convinced that we were a creative side that just missed a lot of chances. We were bottom of the table for shots per game.

My point though was that we haven't actually improved the midfield yet with the signings, we've just got it back to where it was last season, if Celina performs as well as Lawrence, all other things being equal.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Midfield on 11:45 - Jun 29 with 1043 viewsLightningboy

Get shot of Skuse and we may move forwards this season.

Cannot be that difficult to find someone...anyone better than him...surely??!
Midfield on 13:03 - Jun 29 with 1009 viewsOsborneOneNil

Midfield on 10:16 - Jun 29 by dirtyboy

I don't think our midfield was ever that bad, it was having strikers that scored 16 goals between them that's the issue. (Pitman 4, Sears 7 and McGoldrick 5) ANY decent team needs a striker to put away 15-20 goals a season. Not just for the goals, but when a striker is on form, he gets more attention and that frees up space elsewhere for others to chip in. That position is so important.

Had Lawrence not scored 9 league goals himself, we'd have been in a right mess.

Garner and McGoldrick have to step up this season.

Huws did score 3 in his half season, so you'd hope he'd chip in with 6 or 7 this year.

Ah man, come on, it's the below average midfield that couldn't create meaning the forwards fed off scraps. It is definitely a case of a poor/average midfield, not poor strikers.
Midfield on 13:08 - Jun 29 with 1000 viewspoppiesman

Midfield on 11:45 - Jun 29 by Lightningboy

Get shot of Skuse and we may move forwards this season.

Cannot be that difficult to find someone...anyone better than him...surely??!

Good squad player but if we want to challenge for the play offs we need to find a better holding midfield player to start most games than Skuse.
Midfield on 13:23 - Jun 29 with 982 viewsVaughan8

Without going into who is good/bad, half those players we don't really know how good they are.

Celina - Reports suggest he should be decent but who really know how he will fit in with our team.
Rowe - played a few games at the end of last season so not much to go on.
Bishop/Hyam - Haven't played much recently so no-one knows how good they will be after injures etc.

Some players have had their chance/time and I think it would be good to get some fresh players. However it probably isn't as easy as that. I think he need another "Skuse" type so that he isn't an automatic pick every game, but lets be honest, he will be every game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024