Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Academy. Money Pit? 12:37 - Jun 29 with 5809 viewsIpswichTownNL

Our Academy is a big part of our phenomenal 5 point plan. But why? If we can’t even sign our own products what’s the point in having and academy all together?

I haven’t seen Benyu kick a ball with my own eye’s and have no clue as to how good he is but him leaving is kind off ridiculous. Besides, if you have a real talent some big money club will lure him away before the age of 16 (Harry Clarke for instance) anyway. Look at how hard we had to sweat Dozzell signing his deal.

I understand the academy may be seen as the hearth and soul of the club but at what cost? What is the last youth product that had some real value money or added something on the pitch? Bishop in 14/15? Cases to be made for Dozzell, Kenlock & Emmanuel I guess, but that remains to be seen.

Only real transfer value came from Cresswell, Mings and eventually Webster who came in at U23 level.

Brentford is the first club to close their academy — which might make more sense location wise — but I just can’t see our academy being anything else than a money pit if we can’t agree terms with 19 year olds anymore.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Town Academy. Money Pit? on 16:19 - Jun 29 with 619 viewshype313

Town Academy. Money Pit? on 15:03 - Jun 29 by HarryWright

Exactly, but Mick wouldn't give him a chance for even a game because fans chanted his name.

Even if that was the case, Mick is the manger, so unless any fans who think they know better want to step up into football management then they should just accept the facts that he wasn't wanted.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024