Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football related Podcasts 21:20 - Aug 13 with 9434 viewsbluesym

any recommendations please?

I subscribe to Blue Monday already, by the way.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Football related Podcasts on 21:47 - Aug 13 with 9412 viewsJohnny_Boy

Normally I'd suggest Guardian Football Weekly, but it's recently had an upheaval & the presenter, James Richardson, has gone to start his own podcast.

The Totally Football podcast is his new opus.

Download that.
Football related Podcasts on 22:41 - Aug 13 with 9378 viewsSWGF

Football related Podcasts on 21:47 - Aug 13 by Johnny_Boy

Normally I'd suggest Guardian Football Weekly, but it's recently had an upheaval & the presenter, James Richardson, has gone to start his own podcast.

Download that.

I wasn't that impressed with the first one. The standard of guest wasn't great.

Last week's Football Weekly Extra had an obvious redeeming feature.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Football related Podcasts on 22:48 - Aug 13 with 9373 viewspelles321

Depending on age, "Quickly Kevin, will he score" is great for those of us who were growing up through football in the 90s.
Football related Podcasts on 23:04 - Aug 13 with 9347 viewsSwailsey

Football related Podcasts on 22:48 - Aug 13 by pelles321

Depending on age, "Quickly Kevin, will he score" is great for those of us who were growing up through football in the 90s.

Thanks for this - looks great.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Football related Podcasts on 08:05 - Aug 14 with 9250 viewschrice

The Football Ramble is good. Doesn't take it seriously but avoids being blokey

5 Live's World Football Phone In is really really good if you have interest beyond Europe.
Football related Podcasts on 08:14 - Aug 14 with 9238 viewsitfcjoe

Blue Mionday is good, there is a little EADT one with Stu Watson that just does 15 or so minutes a week and that is worth it for that - plus Naked Footy show will be back soon. That is it ITFC related.

Non-ITFC - in no particular order...

5 Live - World Football Phone In. A brilliant show with Tim Vickery weekly on a Friday night

Big Interview with Graham Hunter - he's a bit of a n0b but gets some really good guests (Terry butcher one in back catalogue well worth a listen)

Football Ramble and Football Weekly - although as mentioned FW having an overhaul at moment, but Ramble continues to be a good listen

Football Writers Podcast - big fan of Mike Calvin and he runs this one well

Not the top 20 podcast - Football league specific, interesting but presenters are a little bit stats geeky. Which means they love Brentford and hate Ipswich, will be interesting to see how they react to us being 6 points clear...!

Total Football (Telegraph) and Totally Football - not listened to these yet, The Game by the Times can be good depending on what sort of mood Marcotti is in as he can grate on me

Quickly Kevin as mentioned above is worth listening back too, but no new episodes currently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 08:15 - Aug 14 with 9232 views_

Football related Podcasts on 08:28 - Aug 14 with 9208 viewssoupytwist

Football related Podcasts on 22:41 - Aug 13 by SWGF

I wasn't that impressed with the first one. The standard of guest wasn't great.

Last week's Football Weekly Extra had an obvious redeeming feature.

Agree on the standard of guest on the first Totally Football Show. I just don't get Kelly Cates, there are other, better, women to involve but I suppose Amy Lawrence will stick with the Guardian and there's a woman who's been on Radio 5 several times recently and seems to know a lot about European football (can't remember her name, sorry). There was also the Argos Philippe Auclair who wasn't great either. (Having googled to make sure I spelt Auclair correctly I find that he has a parallel career as a singer/songwriter, who knew?)

However, whatever your views on Ms Cates, asking her for an opinion on the women's Euros before anyone else was a faux pas by AC Jimbo.

As for FWE, I did feel that their resident scummer was unnecessarily antagonistic towards Mr Ames.
Login to get fewer ads

Football related Podcasts on 09:01 - Aug 14 with 9192 viewsSWGF

Football related Podcasts on 08:28 - Aug 14 by soupytwist

Agree on the standard of guest on the first Totally Football Show. I just don't get Kelly Cates, there are other, better, women to involve but I suppose Amy Lawrence will stick with the Guardian and there's a woman who's been on Radio 5 several times recently and seems to know a lot about European football (can't remember her name, sorry). There was also the Argos Philippe Auclair who wasn't great either. (Having googled to make sure I spelt Auclair correctly I find that he has a parallel career as a singer/songwriter, who knew?)

However, whatever your views on Ms Cates, asking her for an opinion on the women's Euros before anyone else was a faux pas by AC Jimbo.

As for FWE, I did feel that their resident scummer was unnecessarily antagonistic towards Mr Ames.

I thought exactly the same re: FWE. He seemed to simply disagree with whatever SB said. But I thought I was imagining it!

Didn't want to specifically mention Kelly Cates but she was awful and added absolutely nothing.

Mina Rzouki is the European football expert. Often on World Football Phone-In with the Legendinho.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Football related Podcasts on 09:20 - Aug 14 with 9161 viewssoupytwist

Football related Podcasts on 09:01 - Aug 14 by SWGF

I thought exactly the same re: FWE. He seemed to simply disagree with whatever SB said. But I thought I was imagining it!

Didn't want to specifically mention Kelly Cates but she was awful and added absolutely nothing.

Mina Rzouki is the European football expert. Often on World Football Phone-In with the Legendinho.

Yes Mina Rzouki is the person whose name I was trying to remember. She is knowledgable.

I will check out World Football Phone-in. My admiration for Tim Vickery went up recently when I discovered that he's a big Style Council fan.
Football related Podcasts on 09:51 - Aug 14 with 9129 viewsbluesym

Football related Podcasts on 09:20 - Aug 14 by soupytwist

Yes Mina Rzouki is the person whose name I was trying to remember. She is knowledgable.

I will check out World Football Phone-in. My admiration for Tim Vickery went up recently when I discovered that he's a big Style Council fan.

Thanks all 👍🏻

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Football related Podcasts on 12:56 - Aug 14 with 9062 viewsJohnny_Boy

Tim Vickery has been the resident South American correspondent on talksport H&J shows for a considerable amount of time, so I'm well aware of his work. Always throwing-in Dexys & punk references.

But you are both right about the opening Totally Football episode. I'm going to kindly put it down to teething problems. They need to draft in Glendenning / Steinberg IMHO.

I quite like Phillipe Auclair. Very knowledgeable & always manages to break the exclusives - owing to his extensive player contact list.
Football related Podcasts on 14:13 - Aug 14 with 9027 viewssoupytwist

Football related Podcasts on 12:56 - Aug 14 by Johnny_Boy

Tim Vickery has been the resident South American correspondent on talksport H&J shows for a considerable amount of time, so I'm well aware of his work. Always throwing-in Dexys & punk references.

But you are both right about the opening Totally Football episode. I'm going to kindly put it down to teething problems. They need to draft in Glendenning / Steinberg IMHO.

I quite like Phillipe Auclair. Very knowledgeable & always manages to break the exclusives - owing to his extensive player contact list.

I like Auclair too. He clearly has wide ranging interests and experience outside football.
Football related Podcasts on 14:24 - Aug 14 with 9017 viewsBlue_Order

She knows more about football than most blokes I know. And she's hot. Dream woman.

Football related Podcasts on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 9009 viewsStokieBlue

Football related Podcasts on 21:47 - Aug 13 by Johnny_Boy

Download that.

Doesn't have Barry Glendenning on his new one though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Football related Podcasts on 17:01 - Aug 14 with 8953 viewsSWGF

Football related Podcasts on 12:56 - Aug 14 by Johnny_Boy

Can't imagine they'll be getting any Guardian journalists anytime soon given their link to Football Weekly.

They'll have to find new bods (like the other French guy who was on there this week) or freelancers.

(Oh and Tim Vickery is a bloody legend. Absolute quality)
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 17:02]

Football related Podcasts on 17:02 - Aug 14 with 8948 viewsSWGF

Football related Podcasts on 14:28 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

Doesn't have Barry Glendenning on his new one though.

SB

Given he's a Guardian journalist, he won't be leaving FW anytime soon.

Football related Podcasts on 17:16 - Aug 14 with 8937 viewsStokieBlue

Football related Podcasts on 17:02 - Aug 14 by SWGF

Given he's a Guardian journalist, he won't be leaving FW anytime soon.

Exactly, so Football Weekly still the likely winner.

Although I will try the new one this week.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Football related Podcasts on 10:19 - Aug 15 with 8828 viewsJohnny_Boy

Football related Podcasts on 14:13 - Aug 14 by soupytwist

I like Auclair too. He clearly has wide ranging interests and experience outside football.

Auclair is also the automated 'voice' on a domestic airline service too.
Can't remember which one it is now.

Certainly a 'voice for hire' amongst other stuff in his bulging resume.
Football related Podcasts on 13:34 - Aug 15 with 8767 viewssoupytwist

Football related Podcasts on 10:19 - Aug 15 by Johnny_Boy

Auclair is also the automated 'voice' on a domestic airline service too.
Can't remember which one it is now.

Certainly a 'voice for hire' amongst other stuff in his bulging resume.

Yes, Auclair was on Football Weekly Extra last week and had to leave early to go and commentate on the Finnish Rally. Fair enough but he doesn't even drive!

FW was good on Monday with Jonathan Wilson. Barry Glendenning does work well with Max Rushden.

Totally Football was better and having Leroy Rosenior on as a former player certainly added something. Rafa Honigstein,and Iain Macintosh were good too. They will do well to find a decent Sid Lowe equivalent for the Spanish stuff though.

I might have to listen to both of them. Where will I get the time?
Football related Podcasts on 14:34 - Aug 15 with 8741 viewsRMJSITFC

The magic sponge. Jimmy Bullard, rob Beckett and Ian smith with a guest each week asking questions about their footballing days. Full of hilarious anecdotes.
Football related Podcasts on 14:56 - Aug 15 with 8721 viewsSwailsey

Football related Podcasts on 23:04 - Aug 13 by Swailsey

Thanks for this - looks great.

Just as an update - this is bl**dy amazing!

*edit* - "Quickly Kevin, will he score?"
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 14:56]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024