Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... 13:04 - Aug 14 with 9207 viewsJackSted

Should I take it? My boss came up to me today and said they need someone to move from our London office to our Barcelona office on a 6 month contract. They said I am their number one choice and I'm just wondering if any of my fellow TWTDers have any advice, e.g, if any of you have been there (or lived there) before?

I'm only 20 years old so it's not like I have a wife and kids to leave behind haha

UPDATE: I've spoken to my boss and have accepted the offer. They're still considering other options at the mo but they will get back to me tomorrow.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 15:00]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 21:15 - Aug 14 with 1140 viewsRIPbobby

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 16:42 - Aug 14 by JackSted

I've already got a Mrs 😉

Hopefully she's okay with me leaving her for 6 months 😂

Don't let a woman hold you back. 20 years ago I had a similar once in a lifetime opportunity and I went for the woman. As it turns out I would have been made for life if I had followed the dream. But that's life... go for it.
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 22:42 - Aug 14 with 1097 viewsstrikalite

All positive replies and why not, sounds great, my little mind would just be asking what's the catch here? They're obviously very busy so will they be expecting long long hours? Will you still get time off/holidays?

Had a family member offered an incredible job in NZ, he was working 12 hours a day and some of the weekend too...which is fine if you're aware of this of course..

Sounds fantastic, but just something to think/inquire about..

Good luck mate..
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 23:58 - Aug 14 with 1075 viewsCoco

DONT DO IT!

give them my number instead.

Assume youre short term Neymar replacement?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 05:35 - Aug 15 with 1047 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 23:58 - Aug 14 by Coco

DONT DO IT!

give them my number instead.

Assume youre short term Neymar replacement?

Hard to tell whether he's short or not from a few posts. Probably not is my guess, as short arses tend not to be invited to Bartthhhhelona for 6 months.

To the OP - congrats, you've reached the only sensible decision. Go if you can. The girl will wait, but if not she's not worth missing this opportunity for.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 08:27 - Aug 15 with 1005 viewsJackSted

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 05:35 - Aug 15 by Swansea_Blue

Hard to tell whether he's short or not from a few posts. Probably not is my guess, as short arses tend not to be invited to Bartthhhhelona for 6 months.

To the OP - congrats, you've reached the only sensible decision. Go if you can. The girl will wait, but if not she's not worth missing this opportunity for.

Thank you. We've only been together for around 3 months anyway plus she's off to University soon, (I think either in Sheffield or Keele), so there'll still be a big gap between us even if I don't go to Barca.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 08:59 - Aug 15 with 990 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 05:35 - Aug 15 by Swansea_Blue

Probably what her mates have been telling her about Jack in relation to her going to university! How I miss the agonies of youth !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 10:01 - Aug 15 with 962 viewsBlue_Order

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 08:27 - Aug 15 by JackSted

Thank you. We've only been together for around 3 months anyway plus she's off to University soon, (I think either in Sheffield or Keele), so there'll still be a big gap between us even if I don't go to Barca.

I'll look after her for you, mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024