Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Southgate... 08:14 - Oct 6 with 20914 viewsitfcjoe

Says the same thing after every game about not being sharp or quick enough on the ball.

Maybe at some point he'll realise you need to pick central midfielders who are good on the ball and can pass it forwards quickly and dynamically. I've nothing against Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier - there is room for them in the squad and they are decent players - but they are not the players for the 4231 we are trying to play.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gareth Southgate... on 14:06 - Oct 10 with 880 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Gareth Southgate... on 14:00 - Oct 10 by BerlinBlue

I'd drop Joe Hart. Past his best and we have a few very good keepers. Personally I'd give Jack Butland the nod, with Pickford as back-up.

Fraser Forster seems to be getting overlooked by all corners of the media and fans at the minute, when in reality he's been the no. 2 for a couple of years and looked more than capable when he's played.

Seems like Butland is the 'sexy' option amongst the media, but in reality either Butland or Forster would both be a perfectly suitable option
Gareth Southgate... on 14:42 - Oct 10 with 862 viewsBerlinBlue

Gareth Southgate... on 14:06 - Oct 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Fraser Forster seems to be getting overlooked by all corners of the media and fans at the minute, when in reality he's been the no. 2 for a couple of years and looked more than capable when he's played.

Seems like Butland is the 'sexy' option amongst the media, but in reality either Butland or Forster would both be a perfectly suitable option

You're right, Forster is another who would be well capable of taking over.
I just hope Southgate doesn't blindly keep faith with certain players like Hart.
Gareth Southgate... on 16:39 - Oct 10 with 837 viewsSW6Tractor

Gareth Southgate... on 14:42 - Oct 10 by BerlinBlue

You're right, Forster is another who would be well capable of taking over.
I just hope Southgate doesn't blindly keep faith with certain players like Hart.

Forster seems prone to a clanger every now and then. Albeit, that didn't keep David James out of the side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024