Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... 18:53 - Oct 29 with 5776 viewsDarth_Koont

We played awful yesterday, certainly in the first half. But we at least got a foothold in the game and in the end we got on top of the conditions and the opposition even before Celina's winner. It still wasn't great but it was a gutsy performance, and the reaction and togetherness of the team at the end was really encouraging to see.

We're still lacking in the midfield without Adeyemi or Huws. Get one back if not both and we already look a much stronger side. Add that to our attackers who have been creating chances for themselves and taking them plus a defence that is finally settling in and we're starting to look a much stronger unit. Not to mention tougher competition for our rivals in the top half.

It's been a strange, up-and-down and injury-interrupted season so far. As we get nearer to our first XI with Adeyemi and/or Huws - and our younger members of the squad get to take a break with matches under their belt - I don't see why we can't push on.

Pronouns: He/Him

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 23:01 - Oct 29 with 578 viewsWestcountryblue

I've got a funny feeling November and December are going to be pretty good ... on 22:56 - Oct 29 by Vaughan8

I hope you are right! I just think we are very industrial and we beat these poor teams but the ones with a bit of quality we lose to and aren't good enough.

I think by the end of December we will have a better idea of how good or bad we are!

We are far too industrial, i agree.

I do however think that players like Huws and Bishop will provide us with a little more cut and thrust in midfield, especially going forward. I remember Bish was a real threat a few years ago with his ability to drift past players and run at defenders. I think that's something we desperately lack, Celina aside ! Let's hope he can replicate that form on his return.

Huws is technically our best midfielder by a mile and a real goal threat.

Think there is more to come from this squad, however i still think we'll need a decent winger in January to enable us to play a convincing 4-4-2 when the situation calls for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024