Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? 18:37 - Nov 25 with 1136 viewsunbelievablue

How is this likely to work do you think? Will TFL ramp up fares (including inclusive travelcard rates) and make these inclusive of Crossrail travel, or will there be special pricing?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? on 18:53 - Nov 25 with 1116 viewsWD19

I have absolutely no idea, but would be surprised if this was not covered by standard oyster prices in the same way other main lines into London are out to a certain range.
Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? on 19:09 - Nov 25 with 1108 viewsClapham_Junction

I think crossrail will be included in the standard London transport fares/zones. I remember reading this somewhere when there was a dispute with Heathrow Airport because crossrail will massively undercut theHeathrow Express service (which is a massive rip off).

In theory it won't be possible to tell which route has been used between different stations unless they have separate access gates (which doesn't look like is going to happen at Tottenham Court Road), so it would be quite difficult to do differential pricing.
Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? on 19:17 - Nov 25 with 1100 viewsunbelievablue

Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? on 19:09 - Nov 25 by Clapham_Junction

I think crossrail will be included in the standard London transport fares/zones. I remember reading this somewhere when there was a dispute with Heathrow Airport because crossrail will massively undercut theHeathrow Express service (which is a massive rip off).

In theory it won't be possible to tell which route has been used between different stations unless they have separate access gates (which doesn't look like is going to happen at Tottenham Court Road), so it would be quite difficult to do differential pricing.

Interesting. I wonder if the obligatory New Year price hike will surprise a few then.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? on 19:23 - Nov 25 with 1081 viewsWD19

Crossrail pricing...anyone ITK? on 19:17 - Nov 25 by unbelievablue

Interesting. I wonder if the obligatory New Year price hike will surprise a few then.

Peak fares are regulated. Can’t be bothered to google it, but will be capped. Probably inflation +1% max or similar. 24 news channels will still be filled with interviews with commuters bemoaning the hike and the service. It’s a tradition up there with the opening of A level results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024