Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports science? 02:43 - Dec 28 with 1432 viewsharlingblue

What is going on?
How are so many players out injured?
You used to have a team and perhaps one sub. If you got a knock, you played through the injury, got on with it and was ready for the next game.
Are we pushing players in whatever position to the limit of being Olympic sprinters and not just football players?
Are we asking players to do more than their capabilities within a football team, and then get injured?
Sports science? on 08:43 - Dec 28 with 1362 viewsGuthrum

Fitness requirements are vastly higher than they were in those days. For example, footballers had spare time in the summer to play other sports at high level, rather than having an all-consuming training regime to keep up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sports science? on 08:52 - Dec 28 with 1354 viewsbadadski

Sports science? on 08:43 - Dec 28 by Guthrum

Fitness requirements are vastly higher than they were in those days. For example, footballers had spare time in the summer to play other sports at high level, rather than having an all-consuming training regime to keep up.

There is a lot of injuries for Town arising from Pre-game and actual game time so could just be the pre-game warm up routine isn't efficient or good enough? Just something i have noticed but don't have qualifications to back this up just my own warms ups i have to go through not to injure myself now am getting on which can be just as long as the game time it self. Bit of exaggeration but it is pretty involved now than when was younger when would just turn up and start smacking the ball around at Mach 2.
Sports science? on 09:01 - Dec 28 with 1329 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rommers, your time has come.

We need Sports Science Boy!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sports science? on 17:04 - Dec 28 with 1214 viewsTendring_Blue

Sports science? on 09:01 - Dec 28 by BrixtonBlue

Rommers, your time has come.

We need Sports Science Boy!

That's one of those minimum wage degree jobs isn't it?
Sports science? on 17:22 - Dec 28 with 1193 viewsblue_oyster

Is it perhaps a profitable industry has been created under the banner of ‘science’, but the reality is that players seem to be *more* susceptible to injury?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024