Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He seems to have finally adopted a position 12:51 - Jan 9 with 10152 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/08/jeremy-corbyn-eu-single-market-

However plenty of days in the week left to change his mind.

I suspect it's not what many people wanted to hear though. The comments certainly aren't full of happy people.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

He seems to have finally adopted a position on 13:30 - Jan 10 with 681 viewsNo9

He seems to have finally adopted a position on 13:07 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think you have been reading this thread properly. In fact it looks like you have only looked at most posts and not understood the context in which they were made in reply to other posters.

The discussion was about whether a new centrist pro EU party would have success and why the Lib Dems, who made remaining in the EU a central part of their manifesto, failed so miserably at the last election.

I set out my reason s why I believe they, and any other "single issue" party would fail at an election.

I haven't talked about "the UK 'negotiating' team" or "try harder to usurp parliament". Completely irrelevant to what I had been discussing with somebody else on here.

It isn't irrelevant at all is it?
The fact is this is still a tory war and will remain so.
The tories locked in fixed term parliaments, it is very difficult for any other party to force a general election.
A new centrist party or, a revised Lib-Dem party won't change any of this.
The tories have worked hard over the last 8 years to kill off democracy & until the electorate look at the reality of what we have things won't change.
& much of the important stuff doesn't get reported does it?
The American here last week made it clear if we want a trade deal with the USA we will have to accept all their rules and standards, Liam Fox wants to get this thought the HoP without scrutiny.
This is all tory, no other party and none can get voted in speedily enough to make massive changes.
Politico's spin
on 14:38 - Jan 10 with 652 views_

He seems to have finally adopted a position on 13:10 - Jan 9 by imsureazzure

It is tragically comical that the cult of Corbyn will be exposed by this one item.

Where is the new centre left pro remain party?

The country deserves and needs a new SDP.

on 14:40 - Jan 10 with 644 views_

He seems to have finally adopted a position on 15:20 - Jan 9 by imsureazzure

Oh dear, I am nodding in agreement with JC he has me hooked.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024