Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. 03:49 - Jan 26 with 3401 viewsgainsboroughblue

6-4.

Back to bed then.

Edit 8/5
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 3:52]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 03:59 - Jan 26 with 3380 viewsIllinoisblue

Wake up again, we’re in double figures!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 05:03 - Jan 26 with 3348 viewsTLA

I got up when it was 50 odd for 5 and thought it was terrible - then they said it was a fifty partnership and wondered what on earth had happened early on!
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 06:52 - Jan 26 with 3303 viewschristiand

196 a/o. Woakes with another good innings, but from where they were that looks far better - just not enough!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:04 - Jan 26 with 3285 viewsTLA

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 06:52 - Jan 26 by christiand

196 a/o. Woakes with another good innings, but from where they were that looks far better - just not enough!

Woakes has been brilliant in this series and gave us some respectability. I reckon they'll knock them off in 30 overs - the conditions look a bit better now than when we started!
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:17 - Jan 26 with 3275 viewschristiand

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:04 - Jan 26 by TLA

Woakes has been brilliant in this series and gave us some respectability. I reckon they'll knock them off in 30 overs - the conditions look a bit better now than when we started!

Morning TLA, sounds like the ball was swinging around corners at first. I agree with you, think the Aussies will knock these off with plenty to spare.

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:27 - Jan 26 with 3267 viewsBloomBlue

The series was already won and as often happens the winning team have taken the foot off the gas. The aussies are pants at one day cricket
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:42 - Jan 26 with 3255 viewsTLA

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:17 - Jan 26 by christiand

Morning TLA, sounds like the ball was swinging around corners at first. I agree with you, think the Aussies will knock these off with plenty to spare.

Morning christiand - I think Warner will get a quick 50 or 60 and it will be done quickly. It's fair to say that was a good toss to win!

I do enjoy watching Wood bowl - the pace he generates of that short run up is amazing!

However, they're now on 8/0 and we had five down at the same score!
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 07:44 - Jan 26 with 3254 viewshampstead_blue

some were calling for Roy to be in the test team. I don't think it was ever close.

I'd like to see how often as a % he is out in his first 20 balls.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:22 - Jan 26 with 3204 viewsSteve_M

There is still a small, but hilarious, possibility that England might win this. Australia 136/5.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10883/game/1072313/australia-vs-england-4th-o

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:28 - Jan 26 with 3192 viewsTLA

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:22 - Jan 26 by Steve_M

There is still a small, but hilarious, possibility that England might win this. Australia 136/5.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/10883/game/1072313/australia-vs-england-4th-o

A coupe of quick wickets would make it interesting - we were probably only 30 or 40 short of setting a decent target, which is incredible after that start.
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:28 - Jan 26 with 3190 viewschristiand

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:22 - Jan 26 by Steve_M

If they can get Travis Head out sooner rather than later, 'might' set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:30 - Jan 26 with 3186 viewsMaySixth

Doesn't matter if we lose this, we've shown some fight.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:32 - Jan 26 with 3179 viewsjimsymBLUE

On a side note, the pitch in Johannesburg is deteriorating at such a rate the umpires are giving seriously consideration to calling the test match off atm, its spitting off off a length almost every other ball. India a lead of 75 and 3 down. Think Virat keen to carry on with a lead that increasingly looks pretty decent on this surface.
Memories of Jamaica!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 3155 viewsTLA

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:28 - Jan 26 by christiand

If they can get Travis Head out sooner rather than later, 'might' set the cat amongst the pigeons.

It was later rather than sooner but Head is out - it's a shame for him that he didn't get to 100 but is there a tiny chance here? Nah, obviously not!
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 10:13 - Jan 26 with 3144 viewsTLA

7 down now - they are only a couple of hots away but it's been more interesting than looked likely at 8-5!
Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 10:15 - Jan 26 with 3142 viewsSteve_M

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 10:13 - Jan 26 by TLA

7 down now - they are only a couple of hots away but it's been more interesting than looked likely at 8-5!

Shame we don't have a few more.

Wood to Cummins, 1 run, OUT, full length, clipped down to long-on and there's a huge mix-up! How on earth did that happen? Cummins turned blind for the second, his partner was going nowhere, and rightly so, as the shy came in, Woakes gathered and flicked off the bails, and ... well ... jitters!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 14:41 - Jan 26 with 3068 viewsjimsymBLUE

Well, that will teach me to get up for the cricket. on 09:32 - Jan 26 by jimsymBLUE

On a side note, the pitch in Johannesburg is deteriorating at such a rate the umpires are giving seriously consideration to calling the test match off atm, its spitting off off a length almost every other ball. India a lead of 75 and 3 down. Think Virat keen to carry on with a lead that increasingly looks pretty decent on this surface.
Memories of Jamaica!!

Anybody watching the SA/India game? Wouldn't fancy batting on this deck. Cracks & craters everywhere, Elgar just got hit on the hand in front of his face from a length ball, OUCH! 5-1 chasing 241, if they carry on India must win.

Edit,
Wow Edgar hit in the grill, umpires taking the players off!!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 15:12]

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024