Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ 20:12 - Jan 27 with 7106 viewsBanburyBlue

cant imagine he broke sweat. cant imagine anyone would want him but if we get an offer take it now......

Banbury Blue Back in Town

McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ on 10:18 - Jan 28 with 742 viewsDyland

McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ on 09:59 - Jan 28 by Superfrans

It seems to me that McCarthy is simply trying play his best attacking players together.

Problem is, he can’t win. Play an attacking formation with 4 strikers and he’s playing players out of position, play 2 of them and he’s boring, defensive Mick who doesn’t try to win games.

Maybe he thinks if he can "do a job" in that position, then that's good enough. I get the logic because you want to have your technically good players on the pitch. But maybe it also betrays a lack of creative thinking and systems work.

McCarthy deserves praise for his recruitment and man management. The rigid systems and approach needs questioning though. Possibly a little unfair in relation to the Wolves game, but it's not just that game is it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why should he? on 10:19 - Jan 28 with 739 viewsDyland

Why should he? on 10:06 - Jan 28 by Northern_Blue81

Sears in some games is doing exactly the same role but as some sort of odd left back position. We all know what happened to Sears

My other post about being able to "do a job" likewise applies to the use of Sears.

McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ on 10:24 - Jan 28 with 736 viewsSuperfrans

McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ on 10:18 - Jan 28 by Dyland

Maybe he thinks if he can "do a job" in that position, then that's good enough. I get the logic because you want to have your technically good players on the pitch. But maybe it also betrays a lack of creative thinking and systems work.

McCarthy deserves praise for his recruitment and man management. The rigid systems and approach needs questioning though. Possibly a little unfair in relation to the Wolves game, but it's not just that game is it.

I think he probably thinks that MCGoldrick is as good (or better) out of position in certain roles than some of our other players “in position” and that he gives us the flexibility for him and Celina to switch position.

The other thing yesterday (which, as usual, many people ignore) is that Wolves played a very savvy game, there *was* a second team on the pitch. None of the front four who have done so well this season played to their usual standard, Celina had 2/3 defenders on him whenever he got the ball, and Eaghorn was dropping into central midfield at times too, searching for the ball.

We were playing a good side, comfortably top of the table, they did a number on us. It shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why should he? on 10:25 - Jan 28 with 730 viewsSuperfrans

Why should he? on 10:19 - Jan 28 by Dyland

My other post about being able to "do a job" likewise applies to the use of Sears.

My point about McColdrick also could apply to Sears. Just because it is not his natural position doesn’t mean that he can’t do a good job there, better than many others.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ on 10:29 - Jan 28 with 728 viewsDyland

McGoldrick should hang his head in shame today........ on 10:24 - Jan 28 by Superfrans

I think he probably thinks that MCGoldrick is as good (or better) out of position in certain roles than some of our other players “in position” and that he gives us the flexibility for him and Celina to switch position.

The other thing yesterday (which, as usual, many people ignore) is that Wolves played a very savvy game, there *was* a second team on the pitch. None of the front four who have done so well this season played to their usual standard, Celina had 2/3 defenders on him whenever he got the ball, and Eaghorn was dropping into central midfield at times too, searching for the ball.

We were playing a good side, comfortably top of the table, they did a number on us. It shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Oh I completely agree re "another side on the pitch". Wolves were superb off the ball. They never had to step through the gears if truth be told. Apart from their gamesmanship they were mighty impressive.

Why should he? on 10:31 - Jan 28 with 726 viewsDyland

Why should he? on 10:25 - Jan 28 by Superfrans

My point about McColdrick also could apply to Sears. Just because it is not his natural position doesn’t mean that he can’t do a good job there, better than many others.

But they are demonstrably not doing good jobs out of position. Or great ones anyway. And are therefore wasted. Which is my point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024