Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best performance I've ever seen from England.... 09:50 - Mar 23 with 5391 viewsITFC_Forever

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43507809

I had just finished my finals at Uni and being skint, stayed in to watch it with my girlfriend of the time who kindly brought round beer and pizza.
Holland have always had a certain aura around them and to see them taken apart in such a manner, especially after the way they stopped us getting to USA 94 a couple of years earlier, was incredible.
And another amusing thing was the late consolation Holland scored stopped Scotland getting through....

The only possible rival being the 5-1 away to Germany, but I missed the first half of that one as I was on the way back from a day out in London with the Mrs (not the same one as at Uni a few years prior).

[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 10:15]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The best performance I've ever seen from England.... on 13:45 - Mar 23 with 570 viewsMaySixth

I was there

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The best performance I've ever seen from England.... on 13:48 - Mar 23 with 570 viewsMaySixth

The best performance I've ever seen from England.... on 09:53 - Mar 23 by Lesta_Tractor

Was good but the Dutch were a bit of a mess as they had all fallen out.

That 0-0 away in Rome is still one of my favourite England games.

I was in Rome

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The best performance I've ever seen from England.... on 13:48 - Mar 23 with 570 viewsvapour_trail

Watched it in a bar in phuket. The local feed had adverts during the game and there was a carlsberg ad being shown when we scored the second. All the English in the bar boycotted the p1ss after that. The Dutch who equalled us in numbers at kick off were virtually all gone by the time they scored the goal that kept them in it.

Great night.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024