Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agent fees 15:06 - Apr 4 with 1910 viewslongtimefan

I see we came second from bottom in the Championship. Even Beaton by Burton Albion!
Agent fees on 15:09 - Apr 4 with 1896 viewsHipsterectomy

Good. Why spunk money away on essentially nothing?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Agent fees on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 1880 viewslongtimefan

Agent fees on 15:09 - Apr 4 by Hipsterectomy

Indeed. I think there is merit in being as low down that table as possible. However it’s probably more a reflection of the level and scope of our transfer policy.
Agent fees on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 1867 viewsJohnny_Boy

Had we just spent another £70K, we could have equaled Millwall's spending on Agents & be in their position in The Championship.

That's how it works right?
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 15:25]
Agent fees on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 1861 viewsCurrie10

Agent fees on 15:09 - Apr 4 by Hipsterectomy

I don't agree with agents but they are sadly needed in the game.

People may not like them, however clubs soon take the Michael minus them.
Agent fees on 15:24 - Apr 4 with 1851 viewsHipsterectomy

Agent fees on 15:20 - Apr 4 by Currie10

I don't agree with agents but they are sadly needed in the game.

People may not like them, however clubs soon take the Michael minus them.

If an agent is touting a player to clubs and he gets a successful trial or contact then the agent should def get a fee, the same thing that temp agency and supply teacher workers have when an applicant is successful.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Agent fees on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 1818 viewsCurrie10

Agent fees on 15:24 - Apr 4 by Hipsterectomy

If an agent is touting a player to clubs and he gets a successful trial or contact then the agent should def get a fee, the same thing that temp agency and supply teacher workers have when an applicant is successful.

Exactly.

I changed opinion on agents when I read Zlatan's book.

Ajax absolutely shafted him minus representation - he was one of the poorest paid players at the club.

Didn't make that mistake again.
Agent fees on 15:45 - Apr 4 with 1809 viewsvapour_trail

Interesting use of the words ‘beaten by’

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Agent fees on 15:52 - Apr 4 with 1785 viewshampstead_blue

I like the way many slam agents for earning a lot of money.

I've been a contingent recruiter in the city and most recently with veterans. It's the same job.
You have a great candidate and you want to place him.

People do fail to realise a lot of the spade work that agents/recruiters do behind the scenes. Family, schools, wives, houses, foreign banking ect ect ect.

I'm ambivalent about agent fees. Yes, some charge a lot for nowt, but that's the same in any industry and it's up to the club to figure that out.

Milne and Evans are savvy businessmen. I spoke to Milne about using veterans in the wider ME group. He said 'yes please, but we won't pay you a fee!'. I said thanks but no thanks.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Agent fees on 15:55 - Apr 4 with 1784 viewslongtimefan

Agent fees on 15:45 - Apr 4 by vapour_trail

Interesting use of the words ‘beaten by’

As in being lower in the table as presented on the BBC website. Should have been clear and put it in quotation marks.
Agent fees on 15:56 - Apr 4 with 1776 viewsPrideOfTheEast

And yet pretty much everybody agrees our recruitment has been very good. Interesting.
Agent fees on 16:47 - Apr 4 with 1720 viewsfloridaboy

Agent fees on 15:56 - Apr 4 by PrideOfTheEast

And yet pretty much everybody agrees our recruitment has been very good. Interesting.

Our dear friends up the road spent £2.3 million. Didn't do them much good because they are not going up!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024