Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Those were the days’.... really? 09:10 - Apr 7 with 4972 viewsGodderz

Although I am sure this question has probably been asked before, but as someone who rarely checks the forums prior to the management fiasco, I did not see it.

My question is this: why do we have such a defeatist name for our club website? I mean it basically says our best days are past and now the best we can do is look back in fondness. Where is the positive outlook? I’d far prefer a name that focuses on the current affairs/ gives enthusiasm for a brighter future.
‘Those were the days’.... really? on 01:05 - Apr 8 with 588 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

This topic made me laugh, not maliciously, but provided some humor nonetheless. Actually the author makes a relevant point, but have always like the site name.

Fair enough, it's in homage to the halcyon years of the early 1980's (or the 1962 Championship success if needs be), something the younger generation will not always appreciate or understand, but feel it encapsulates the club very well. In truth, the aforementioned time periods may never occur again for some of us and while those achievements may never be replicated, it's nice to look back and recall what once was.

As believe another response in the above put it, what else could you feasibly name the website ?

# Those where the days but hold on a while longer and we'll recapture previous stature ?

# You may not be of an age to recall John Wark and Paul Mariner, but Waghorn and Garner are very admirable replacements ?

# The club that went into hibernation in 2006 and oversaw a number of inept and inefficient managerial and ownership names ?

And so it goes on.. No, keep it as it is. TWTD seems ideal, once again the author raised a valid point but the chances of changing it after so many years would seem short in the extent.
‘Those were the days’.... really? on 07:10 - Apr 8 with 538 viewsBurwell_Blue

‘Those were the days’.... really? on 09:25 - Apr 7 by clive_baker

I think you’ll find it’s called TWTD. It hasn’t been called Those were the days for ages.

Maybe to Phil, however to me it’s Those were the days.

TWTD does not roll off the tounge and just doesn’t work.
‘Those were the days’.... really? on 07:22 - Apr 8 with 527 viewsconnorscontract

You've misunderstood. The name dates from 1998 when we were all using text-speak on our Nokias. It's short for TW ATTED, because most of us posting on the night-shift were.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024