Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very pleased with Hurst 10:55 - May 29 with 778 viewsLeBlue

I was all for Ross when the news suggested he was our man but, on reflection, I believe Hurst is the far better prospect.

More experience, more games, in depth knowledge of English football and able to work well within the resources available.

I don't understand why people think his 'brand' of football will be negative and Mickesque. He was working with some relatively technically poor players at Shrewsbury and still got them to a play off final. The players at his disposal at Town are better players - that cannot be disputed. He, I'm sure, will therefore be able to get more out of them than he can from his current players.

Marcus will have assessed all of this. Marcus knows full well that a negative brand of football will not sit well with the fans - that much has been made very clear and he would be a fool to take the risk of that being the case with the new manager.

I think we are in for an exciting time ahead.

Very pleased with Hurst on 11:07 - May 29 with 739 viewsDanFord

I'd be interested in what sort of football he played at Grimsby, especially in the Conference where they were a big fish. People going on about how few goals Shrewsbury scored. When Grimsby went up they scored 82 goals, second most in the Conference, despite finishing 4th. They conceded less than a goal a game.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024