Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not there yet 17:14 - Aug 11 with 909 viewsDarth_Koont

Encouraging in many respects and Nsiala and Nolan look very good signings. But we're also oddly toothless. Once Rotherham withstood the initial storm they looked pretty comfortable.

I think we need a few goals and a win in midweek to help us settle down.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not there yet on 17:16 - Aug 11 with 875 viewsHipsterectomy

Then just a confident Villa team and Derby away to play

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Not there yet on 17:16 - Aug 11 with 862 viewsDarth_Koont

Not there yet on 17:16 - Aug 11 by Hipsterectomy

Then just a confident Villa team and Derby away to play

Oddly enough I'd fancy us more against sides that come at us.

Not there yet on 17:19 - Aug 11 with 819 viewsportmanking

Why would you call us oddly toothless? It's not odd at all.

We've sold our best player and our second-best centre forwards who were capable of making something out of nothing.
Not there yet on 17:22 - Aug 11 with 789 viewsDarth_Koont

Not there yet on 17:19 - Aug 11 by portmanking

Why would you call us oddly toothless? It's not odd at all.

We've sold our best player and our second-best centre forwards who were capable of making something out of nothing.

Because we actually got into threatening positions on a number of occasions but we seemed to rush or otherwise fluff the opening.

Not there yet on 17:27 - Aug 11 with 753 viewsportmanking

Not there yet on 17:22 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

Because we actually got into threatening positions on a number of occasions but we seemed to rush or otherwise fluff the opening.

We over-used the diagonal far too much.

Was expecting Nolan to demand the ball far more in a Magilton-esque style but he kind of drifted in and out too much for me.
Not there yet on 17:37 - Aug 11 with 690 viewsDarth_Koont

Not there yet on 17:27 - Aug 11 by portmanking

We over-used the diagonal far too much.

Was expecting Nolan to demand the ball far more in a Magilton-esque style but he kind of drifted in and out too much for me.

Yes, Nolan and Chalobah seemed to fade from the game second half. Not sure if that was them running out of steam, Rotherham shutting them down after a great first half or a combination of both.

Not there yet on 17:40 - Aug 11 with 652 viewsportmanking

Not there yet on 17:37 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

Yes, Nolan and Chalobah seemed to fade from the game second half. Not sure if that was them running out of steam, Rotherham shutting them down after a great first half or a combination of both.

I've also got real concerns about Ward. I'm not sure whether he has the 'heart' to make it at the top level. He never looks like he's busting a gut, nor does he ever get into fifth gear when running with the ball.
Not there yet on 17:42 - Aug 11 with 639 viewsDarth_Koont

Not there yet on 17:40 - Aug 11 by portmanking

I've also got real concerns about Ward. I'm not sure whether he has the 'heart' to make it at the top level. He never looks like he's busting a gut, nor does he ever get into fifth gear when running with the ball.

I wouldn't worry about that. He glides over the pitch much more than other players but always seems to put the yards in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024