Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unfair result but 23:17 - Aug 11 with 1301 viewsazuremerlangus

I was entertained for 90 mins and feel very positive by our passing game today.

Toto and Nolan are two very good acquisitions and looked like they have been in the team for months already. Others will need longer.

Another central defender and a target man for up front to complete the squad.

Just got to have patience for it to all click into place.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Unfair result but on 23:23 - Aug 11 with 1261 viewssoclopath

It must have been Radio Suffolk second half sounded rubbish.
Unfair result but on 23:26 - Aug 11 with 1245 viewsportmanking

I don't think our 'passing game' was much different to under Mick if I'm honest.

We still looked for that raking diagonal far too much and too often pussied out from playing in between the lines.
Unfair result but on 23:28 - Aug 11 with 1238 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Unfair result but on 23:23 - Aug 11 by soclopath

I wouldn't call any part of that display 'rubbish' today. We've played far worse against Rotherham both at their place and ours in the last couple of years - and that includes the year they were one of the worst teams the Championship has ever seen.

I just think that was 'one of them' today. We might come out of the first month of this season with 2pts. C'est la vie. We'll probably play worse than that against somebody like Villa and beat them completely undeservedly.
Unfair result but on 23:34 - Aug 11 with 1198 viewsazuremerlangus

Unfair result but on 23:23 - Aug 11 by soclopath

We knocked the ball around well - perhaps better in the first half than the second. Better than last week too but didn’t really create that many clear cut chances in front of goal.

Considering the amount of recent player “churn” I think we are playing better than can be expected after 2 games. The midweek cup game will help the gelling process on.

Unfair result but on 23:36 - Aug 11 with 1181 viewsmos

All I hope for is that I am entertained, since the last few seasons have been terribly dire.

Whether it be passing football, or exhilararing counter-attacking football I don’t mind, all I would like is entertainment.

Also, with the good passing football that I hope for, this usually follows with victories, which is a bonus IMO!
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 23:37]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Unfair result but on 23:37 - Aug 11 with 1171 viewsazuremerlangus

Unfair result but on 23:26 - Aug 11 by portmanking

I don't think our 'passing game' was much different to under Mick if I'm honest.

We still looked for that raking diagonal far too much and too often pussied out from playing in between the lines.

I think it was better than a MM game - even Skuse made a few forward passes!

Unfair result but on 23:40 - Aug 11 with 1161 viewsportmanking

Unfair result but on 23:37 - Aug 11 by azuremerlangus

I think it was better than a MM game - even Skuse made a few forward passes!

In my opinion, we lacked tempo and a cutting edge, just like the last 18 months under Mick.

I think we MIGHT see a few of our new faces come good - but we're really asking far too much of the squad to gel at once.
Unfair result but on 23:52 - Aug 11 with 1118 viewsazuremerlangus

Unfair result but on 23:40 - Aug 11 by portmanking

In my opinion, we lacked tempo and a cutting edge, just like the last 18 months under Mick.

I think we MIGHT see a few of our new faces come good - but we're really asking far too much of the squad to gel at once.

Agree with the lack of a cutting edge and to a certain extent tempo - the latter I think is caused by a certain amount of tentativeness from lack of familiarity of each other’s skills and ability. This was also borne out by some of the final passes getting placed into empty space - the telepathy will come!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024