Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clunk - Click 18:15 - Aug 15 with 662 viewsBlindMullets

I was so excited by yesterday’s game - but left it really confused. They tried hard, and were desperately wanting to play pass and move football - but it was incredibly clunky!

For what it’s worth - here are my thoughts...

Nobody seemed to communicate with anyone else, two players in each other’s space a lot of the time, not sure where to run off the ball, not sure where to play the ball when they had it, numerous occasions when it was freely passed out of play due to confusion or poor passing! Paul Hurst said it was pedestrian, and it was, but my take is that was because the system was bloody confused. It certainly wasn’t easy for me to see what the pattern of play was, or a game plan for unlocking the defence. We pushed plenty of men forward - often too many as the wing backs were caught out several times - but there didn’t seem to be an understood plan.

Edun caught the eye - but he is really not a central midfield playmaker. Chalobah covered a lot of ground and looked classy - but needs to speed things up considerably when he is faced with a decision. The game rather passed Nolan by. Sears flattered to deceive - as did Ward. Knudsen and Donacien flogged themselves on the wing - never stopped running - but due to poor passing were often caught in no-mans-land when defending. I am still to be convinced by Spence and he was functional without impressing. Nsiala looked good (if basic) and Chambers had a stinker...again I think in part because him and Nsiala do not currently have a clue what the other is going to do. Bart wasn’t even sure where to pass the ball. Jackson did well with little support, Rowe was very direct and it was just nice to see Bishop our playing again.

I believe that all of the players looked good enough - just need time to get to know each other and a lot of patience before it begins to click. I think someone like Bishop or Huws (if we can get them fit) could be the missing link that helps us click. It will come, and it was nice (albeit weird) to see a Town team pass the ball from back to front.

Keep the faith!!
Clunk - Click on 12:06 - Aug 16 with 535 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I did think Bishop looked decent enough on Tuesday night, considering how long he's been out for over the last few years. He was, understandably, well off the pace and the system clearly wasn't something he was used to in terms of his positioning (also not helped by the fact he was RM?) but once he got the ball it was nice to see that he was confident enough still to hold onto the ball until the correct, positive pass was available.
The only thing you'd say was perhaps he should have scored at the back post, although it looked like an excellent challenge from the away end, so hard to say on that front.

Similarly for Danny Rowe, he seemed to offer more on the ball than either Sears or Ward did, my only criticism being that he did, on a couple of occasions, suffer from Ward-syndrome where he ran forwards at pace, then turned backwards rather than trying to beat his man, but this will come over time, you'd think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024