Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My thoughts 22:22 - Aug 21 with 1294 viewsSamWhiteUK

Probably echoed on here by most:

1) Defensively looked good for 90% of the game. Just 2 frustrating goals to concede. However, I'm well aware that the 2 goals is too many if you're not going to score 3!

2) Final third is where we look weakest. I don't think we have any inherently bad players, likewise I don't think the system were playing is a bad system.... but you need to have the right players for the system and vice versa. Not sure that's the case yet.

3) Derby will be nowhere near going us and I shall p*ss my pants if they spend all this money and bottle it again

4) Norwich could go either way at this rate - play like we did tonight and lose, or play like we did against Villa and give them a bloody good game. Two extremes.

5) We have to at least try to give 2 up top a go

6) Toto was very unlucky to give away a free kick that led to their second, even more so to pick up a yellow. Lawrence just ran straight into him. Not Totos fault he's built like a brick sh*thouse!! First time I've seen him and I was more than impressed.

7) If that's the standard of commentary that Sky are going to provide us then I'll be paying for iFollow in future!

Keep the faith. Its still early days! Frustrating, yes, but no need to panic, and certainly has potential to be much better than last season

My thoughts on 22:24 - Aug 21 with 1257 viewsSamWhiteUK

Oh and 8) We were wondering who was going to play on the left.... We could've played Gerken there for all it was worth. Ward not very effective, was surprised to see Edwards come off and Ward remain
My thoughts on 22:27 - Aug 21 with 1209 viewsBlueinBrum

The commentary was hilarious. Clearly just been handed a massive list of barely interesting facts/stats to quote. And he referred to Hurst as Shrewsbury manager twice.
My thoughts on 22:34 - Aug 21 with 1157 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Why did we not press them when they played from the back. That's Derby's big weakness which was excellently exploited by Millwall on Saturday. Some early pressing could have got us a goal and increased the nerves amongst the Derby fans who were a bit concerned pre kickoff. Jackson tried it when he came on but he was the only one doing it and you have to press as a team. I'm surprised Hurst didn't employ this tactic and it was very frustrating to watch.
My thoughts on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 1120 viewsSamWhiteUK

My thoughts on 22:27 - Aug 21 by BlueinBrum

The commentary was hilarious. Clearly just been handed a massive list of barely interesting facts/stats to quote. And he referred to Hurst as Shrewsbury manager twice.

Twice? I heard it once. I think my eye roll was audible
My thoughts on 22:44 - Aug 21 with 1112 viewschristiand

My thoughts on 22:24 - Aug 21 by SamWhiteUK

Oh and 8) We were wondering who was going to play on the left.... We could've played Gerken there for all it was worth. Ward not very effective, was surprised to see Edwards come off and Ward remain

I’m going to stick up for Ward, in the first half he looked one of our better players along with Donacien. He was getting a hard time for poor delivery of his corners the other week against Rotherham, where tonight he delivered some dangerous corners in which we failed to attack. Just think Ward is an easy target, like Skuse, it’s either one or the other that gets the negative feedback most games. Ward was no worse than the majority of Ipswich players tonight.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

My thoughts on 22:56 - Aug 21 with 1035 viewsbournemouthblue

Defensively we were fairly solid and worked hard, there's some quality there but Harrison is never a loan striker

Jackson looks more suited to that role but both need support

Roberts looked promising when he came on, I'd like to see both Roberts and Edwards start down the wings

I'm a little worried as to where the goals might come from though, we seem to lack a general shape and plan to our attacks

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024