Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match 20:45 - Sep 2 with 4118 viewsMach_foreignBlue

First and foremost big thanks to Pendejo for having picked me up this morning. Thank you Mike !

That noise when Edwards scored. For that alone I'm so gutted that we haven't won. But we got deservedly punished for letting them back into the game and not taking our chances. That opportunity when Nolan had a time and space. Just hit the bloody target !!!

In terms of how we played and general atmosphere among the fans it's been by far the most enjoyable derby for years. I had been down there last year when Maddison scored for them and my journey back North was much worse. We had seen lot of pointless long balls pumped into their box with a hope for some mistake from their players. Today was much better. Yes many long passes too but we chased balls and played with energy and desire in the 2nd half..... Energy and desire against Norwich, how badly we missed things like that in the last few seasons.

Gwion Edwards would have never been allowed to make that many runs with the balls or or attempts to take on their full-back under McCarthy. Yes it's a dig and can't refrain from doing so. We would have packed our midfield with defensive midfielders had he still been in charge in order to stop Norwich from playing. Today we may have lacked quality at times but we played differently like we mostly did against them throughout the years and that is certainly a pleasing aspect.

Edwards our MOTM for his courage and constant desire to go forward.
Pennington seemed so determined not to make any mistakes. Passing not so good but positioning fine.
Skuse felt so sorry for him. One of out stand-out players prior to his injury and I can't slate him like I usually did during the previous era.

I have seen positive signs yet again and desire to win the game rather than stop opposition from playing so convinced that good results will come.

The main negative was failure to take our chances to kill the game off. Spence always seemed indecisive and prone to mistakes. Gerken it's clear to see that he hasn't played for a while.

Gutted with the result. Pleased with having been there. Fit Emyr Huws would have made a difference today.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:48 - Sep 3 with 353 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:44 - Sep 3 by Benters2

Erm sadly he was at the club I’d say 2 seasons too long!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 9:46]

I’d say one season too long but it doesn’t matter. He’s gone.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:50 - Sep 3 with 341 viewsBenters2

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:48 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

I’d say one season too long but it doesn’t matter. He’s gone.

Who has ?😛🇬🇧🍺👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024