Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 20:07 - Sep 15 with 5805 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This is the first time under Hurst that I've been really disappointed with him and his decisions. There have been positives to take from all league games so far this season hence he hardly deserved a criticism in my opinion. Today though I don't know what his match plan was.

First goal in which Downes was dispossessed like a schoolboy proved what a wrong and bizarre decision was to let him play. However there was still more than 86 minutes to play, plenty of time, no reason to panic. What followed that goal was a painful, horrible Mick McCarthy's stuff in which we kept hoofing towards Walters and no central midfield whatsoever. That dodgy pair of central backs in Burke and De Wijs had no problems at all when dealing with that 'tactic'. The problems seemed to appear for them in the last 10 minutes of the first half where we tried to play differently. Couple of crosses from Graham, Edwards' shot impressively blocked by their defence.
However for the first 35 minutes of the match we made poor Hull team looked good and I dare to say that their passing was particularly fine. Why couldn't we play like a s**te Hull team?

Horrible half so changes were inevitable. Downes to be taken off for example as he offered nothing. Bafflingly though Hurst didn't make any. Players like Edun, Chalobah or one of Jackson and Harrison would have made a difference. 

Start of the 2nd half seemed slightly better than the first half, we were on the front foot however no chances created. Hull were more and more comfortable as the game went on and were far more threatening. Gerken's two outstanding saves and Pennington's goalline clearance were the big moments in particular. 

Ipswich? One tame shot from Graham straight at Marshall and nothing besides. Hurst only for the reason known to himself waited very long with the first substitution. 

Jackson Irvine added a second after treating Spence like he really is. A poor, indecisive defender. 

For the first time this season I struggle to find positives and can't understand Hurst's approach today. Why has he reverted to what he had to deal with in the last few seasons? 
Moreover his decisions regarding the playing personnel. Chopping and changing, why is that? How on earth did Downes find himself today in the line-up? 

Loads of Town fans have been raving for years about our youth system. Play youngsters blah blah blah. You'd think we have the best youngsters in the world when you listen to some. So they got the youngster in the opening line-up today. Youngster instead of loanee. Downes instead of Chalobah. I wonder if they are happy with that. We have all seen what Chalobah is capable of when playing in the deep role so why dropping him today particularly after the Norwich game where he will have certainly added something. Downes however was our worst player today. 

Edun.....Our best one in the Sheffield Wed game 3 weeks ago. Completely out of the picture after this for not fully fit Graham. Another decision that I don't get at all. 

I was very excited when we signed Nolan but he finds this level of football too difficult at the moment. 

Pennington hard working yes but a hoofer he is. 

Today that was firmly a reminiscent of McCarthy's painful moments in which we had no plan at all and that makes me really upset as I thought those days were gone. I'd say today was even worse at times. Play like that with constant chopping and changing and we'll be in the big trouble. 

Been very supportive of Hurst despite the results against mostly average/poor opponents therefore today's match and the manner of defeat has been a kick in the balls. One striker upfront doesn't work out for us, we struggle to create chances and we aren't a threat. When is he going to realise that?

Hull. A team/club in decline somehow though becomes our bogey one. Embarrassing defeat to them last March followed by their comfortable win today. 
[Post edited 15 Sep 2018 20:08]
Match thoughts on 13:58 - Sep 16 with 854 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 13:11 - Sep 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

I struggle to find your opinion about the match. Having a pop at me without putting yours?

Yeah. Same as the new prediction league about your threads. The attention seeking threads about your issues. Are you going to update us about a length of time about not drinking alcohol any time soon? Or announcing us that you have found a new girlfriend?

As people pointed out lately there is something really wrong with you as your main goal here is to look for arguments with people. More than usual.

You're taking this way too seriously. It's just funny how your match reports always have a Mick dig somewhere. No need to get personal/spiteful.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 14:03 - Sep 16 with 846 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 13:26 - Sep 16 by Benters2

Haha!

That must be 6.75 months now without a beer !

I don't make jokes about your personal life Benters, so why do it about mine?

You offer nothing to this site.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 14:14 - Sep 16 with 841 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 13:58 - Sep 16 by BrixtonBlue

You're taking this way too seriously. It's just funny how your match reports always have a Mick dig somewhere. No need to get personal/spiteful.

Why can't I say that was the kind of performance (or even worse) we used to watch under the previous manager? What is wrong with that? This is my opinion and you aren't going to dictate me what I should or shouldn't post.

You have already said a few days ago that I 'dig' at Mick. Why being repetitive? I'll carry on 'digging' if I need to and you don't need to look for arguments.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 14:14]
Match thoughts on 14:25 - Sep 16 with 824 viewsTownly

Match thoughts on 14:14 - Sep 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why can't I say that was the kind of performance (or even worse) we used to watch under the previous manager? What is wrong with that? This is my opinion and you aren't going to dictate me what I should or shouldn't post.

You have already said a few days ago that I 'dig' at Mick. Why being repetitive? I'll carry on 'digging' if I need to and you don't need to look for arguments.

You seem to be a very opinionated individual who cannot take any who disagree with you.

You get spiteful and personal whenever this occurs and to a level this forum could do without.

Perhaps you should seek help.
Match thoughts on 14:43 - Sep 16 with 809 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 14:25 - Sep 16 by Townly

You seem to be a very opinionated individual who cannot take any who disagree with you.

You get spiteful and personal whenever this occurs and to a level this forum could do without.

Perhaps you should seek help.

And you are who?

Having a pop at me this morning despite a few people having said that my match opinion was spot on.

Re-read this match thread instead of being personal to me. Perhaps you should seek help.
Match thoughts on 14:45 - Sep 16 with 806 viewsTownly

Match thoughts on 14:43 - Sep 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

And you are who?

Having a pop at me this morning despite a few people having said that my match opinion was spot on.

Re-read this match thread instead of being personal to me. Perhaps you should seek help.

You have managed to prove my point and I wasn't talking about your match report.
Match thoughts on 14:50 - Sep 16 with 795 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 14:45 - Sep 16 by Townly

You have managed to prove my point and I wasn't talking about your match report.

You finished then?
Match thoughts on 15:05 - Sep 16 with 771 viewsBrixtonBlue

Match thoughts on 14:14 - Sep 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

You can say that. Of course you can. I'm not looking for an argument and I'm not having a pop at this match report. It's a very good match report as far as I know (I didn't go).

It's just an observation that every single match report you post has a go at Mick in it somewhere.

People can either enjoy that information or ignore it. It's not a big deal.

You could even try laughing about it yourself. Say, "Yes Dollers. Coz I hate the barsteward." I'd have respect for you if you said that. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts on 15:26 - Sep 16 with 751 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 15:05 - Sep 16 by BrixtonBlue

You can say that. Of course you can. I'm not looking for an argument and I'm not having a pop at this match report. It's a very good match report as far as I know (I didn't go).

It's just an observation that every single match report you post has a go at Mick in it somewhere.

People can either enjoy that information or ignore it. It's not a big deal.

You could even try laughing about it yourself. Say, "Yes Dollers. Coz I hate the barsteward." I'd have respect for you if you said that. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I still can't understand what your point is as I haven't had a direct dig at McCarthy. I've said that was the kind of performance from his era. Nothing wrong with that and your provocations are the clear indication that you're looking for arguments as you have been excessively doing so with people lately.

If that is somehow a dig in your opinion or some strange 'observation' then I already know that as you said the same things to me after the Norwich match. So you're being repetitive today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024