Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Depressing Sunday morning thought... 07:56 - Oct 21 with 1014 viewsSchmoke

Unless something is done urgently it's quite likely we could be in the same division as Lincoln City next season.

Newport County, Forest Green Rovers and Crawley Town are all in and around the League 2 playoff positions as well.

FFS has it really come to this. Potentially being on a level pegging with that lot.

Good morning.

Edit: just seen the League One thread below. Ignore this if you want.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 7:57]
Depressing Sunday morning thought... on 08:01 - Oct 21 with 980 viewsBenters2

Ive noticed the 'yeah but Sir Bobby Robson had a bad start and the fans wanted him gone'threads have stopped.

Sadly that will never happen again.
Depressing Sunday morning thought... on 08:02 - Oct 21 with 970 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Depressing Sunday morning thought... on 08:45 - Oct 21 with 863 viewsTexaco73

Depressing Sunday morning thought... on 08:02 - Oct 21 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

They were rejected in general because of the 'style' of play.
Ipswich were an attractive passing side in our hey days. I believe many supporters want that style of football back.

Unfortunately, the owner has not achieved the correct type/capable manager and supported them or the club properly.
MM could have got us up ugly, which I'm sure we would have taken gladly, but again Evans played it cheap.

Even when Hurst gets the bullet eventually, the next incumbent will be shafted by Evans inept stewardship.

His something different plan has backfired spectacularly - time to hold his hands up and do something different or cut his losses.
Truth is - ME isn't really football club owner material. He wants to be removed from the interaction with fans, but I don't think he understands the role he needs to play to bring the club together and instill pride. Dirty stands e.t.c is an example of lack care in the club. Might seem trivial, but the club should be a source of civic pride, and a shabby stadium just shows, or gives the perception at least, that the club is uncared for.
Depressing Sunday morning thought... on 09:33 - Oct 21 with 745 viewsGuthrum

Depressing Sunday morning thought... on 08:01 - Oct 21 by Benters2

Ive noticed the 'yeah but Sir Bobby Robson had a bad start and the fans wanted him gone'threads have stopped.

Sadly that will never happen again.

Robson started badly in his first full season, yes (a draw and 6 losses). But before that he'd had nearly half a season in which we'd won 7 and drawn 6 out of 16 games, lifting Town from 18th to 12th in the table. He'd already proven he could do it.

Hurst hasn't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024