Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... 17:27 - Oct 28 with 4393 viewsLeagueOne

It's 2018. We made something like £9,200,000 in transfer fees alone this summer selling just three players. I see some people find the figure to be unbelievable as it appears large, but in this era, it's not.

£10million will hardly make much of the difference, since we need in my view 6 or 7 players to be able to really ensure safety and we just don't have the overall quality for a couple of average signings to be enough. Wages will also be an issue, as we're still one of the lowest payers in the league.

It's the bare minimum...... again. We're refusing to compete. £10mill is pissing into the wind.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 04:39 - Oct 29 with 697 viewsBenters2

10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 21:53 - Oct 28 by LeagueOne

Well it isn't, is it? Let's be honest. It's 2018 not 1998.

Im sorry but i just cant see us spending all that money,i will be happy to be proved wrong mind!
10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 07:09 - Oct 29 with 672 viewsitfcbam

Hurst spent about 6m on transfers alone, not including loan fees. We normally lose around 4-6 mil so means this 10m will be on top of the 2-3 already invested. Our turnover is 12-14m so in that sense would amount to a heavy investment compared to annual turnover
10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 07:21 - Oct 29 with 671 viewsWestcountryblue

10m could be a very useful amount of money, but much of it depends on Paul Lambert's scouting network and contacts within the game.

Despite major sales, Marcus Evans was true to his word and reinvested most of the money back into the playing squad. However, his knowledge within the game was very much limited to the lower leagues...which is okay for the odd punt here and there, but not the place where you want to go shopping for a whole squad.

It's said a lot on here, but i'd like to see Lambert trawl through the Dutch, Spanish etc...lower leagues. Teams like Brentford have shown us that you can still pluck great players on low fees from those leagues.
10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 08:00 - Oct 29 with 657 viewsHerbivore

10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 07:21 - Oct 29 by Westcountryblue

10m could be a very useful amount of money, but much of it depends on Paul Lambert's scouting network and contacts within the game.

Despite major sales, Marcus Evans was true to his word and reinvested most of the money back into the playing squad. However, his knowledge within the game was very much limited to the lower leagues...which is okay for the odd punt here and there, but not the place where you want to go shopping for a whole squad.

It's said a lot on here, but i'd like to see Lambert trawl through the Dutch, Spanish etc...lower leagues. Teams like Brentford have shown us that you can still pluck great players on low fees from those leagues.

We only reinvested half the money we brought in over the summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 08:39 - Oct 29 with 633 viewsLeaky

10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 07:21 - Oct 29 by Westcountryblue

Yes its what George Burley was good at
10 million WAR CHEST!! It's not very much money for the Championship... on 08:58 - Oct 29 with 620 viewsrickw

I'm certain the £10m will also have to include wages - so could just be £5m if we sign players on big wages! (Maybe the £10m will increase if we cancel some of our loans?!?!)

Lambert did sign Benteke from Genk who I'm sure was a complete unheard of to most of us, so hopefully he has some more of those sort of signings in his locker!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024