Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wich United 20:37 - Oct 28 with 1780 viewspedrail

Now that Lambert has taken over the reins at Ipswich, perhaps it is time to consider a united team for East Anglia to compete with the big six.

Name: Wich United or Anglia United or Folk United.
Manager: Paul Lambert
Colours: Blue and Yellow stripes
Logo: A horse with wings... has to be Pegasus
Location: A new stadium at Stowmarket (direct train from Ipswich, Norwich, Colchester, and Cambridge) or Diss.
Trophy Room: The blue room.

I'll get my coat and await the down votes...
Wich United on 21:17 - Oct 28 with 1656 viewsGeoffSentence

Remember when Robert Maxwell wanted to do something like this with Reading and Oxford. Thames Valley Rangers I think he proposed they would be called.

It went down very badly with Oxford's fans, and with Reading's fans it went down very badly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Wich United on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 1590 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wich United on 21:17 - Oct 28 by GeoffSentence

Remember when Robert Maxwell wanted to do something like this with Reading and Oxford. Thames Valley Rangers I think he proposed they would be called.

It went down very badly with Oxford's fans, and with Reading's fans it went down very badly.

Thames Valley Royals was the proposed name. There was nearly the formation of Fulham Park Rangers at the same time until Jimmy Hill stepped in and bought FFC.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Wich United on 21:45 - Oct 28 with 1539 viewsghostofescobar

It's a good idea in one respect: to be fair we share our club names. We take the first part of our name "Ips" and let them keep the second part of their name "wich" and, ta daaa, Ipswich. Totally fair.

GhostOfEscobar

Wich United on 21:51 - Oct 28 with 1524 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wich United on 21:45 - Oct 28 by ghostofescobar

It's a good idea in one respect: to be fair we share our club names. We take the first part of our name "Ips" and let them keep the second part of their name "wich" and, ta daaa, Ipswich. Totally fair.

We could also share the team colours. Blue for the shirts and the socks. They can have their away colours of white for the shorts. Our ground can be called Portman (first half of our ground name) Road (second part of theirs).

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Wich United on 21:53 - Oct 28 with 1519 viewsGeoffSentence

Wich United on 21:33 - Oct 28 by gainsboroughblue

Thames Valley Royals was the proposed name. There was nearly the formation of Fulham Park Rangers at the same time until Jimmy Hill stepped in and bought FFC.

That was the one, cheers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Take the first 3 letters of Ipswich on 22:42 - Oct 28 with 1435 viewsMelford

and the second 4 letters of narwich.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Wich United on 08:53 - Oct 29 with 1217 viewspedrail

I like all these positive suggestions.

Rethinking the logo, a horse to be fair is much bigger than a canary, and the resulting logo should be commensurate with the sizes - so, basically, a horse.

Also, we would want to attract fans from all across Essex, also, so Ipswich is a good central spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024