Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan Market 18:31 - Oct 28 with 2190 viewsANNA3ROA

Ipswich downfall
Loan Market on 18:33 - Oct 28 with 2180 viewsPecker

Not really.
Loan Market on 18:48 - Oct 28 with 2123 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Loan Market on 18:33 - Oct 28 by Pecker

Not really.

This season, maybe not best used. Downfall, no way. We've had some great players here on loan. Lawrence, Celina, Fraser, McGoldrick, Murphy, CCV.

This season fairly poor use of it. Six on loan, 2 good players (Chalobah & Pennington), 2 not getting in Matchday squads (Edun & Graham), 1 injured after 4 games (Walters). And one thats just a bit of a sh*t show situation (Donacien).

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Loan Market (n/t) on 18:50 - Oct 28 with 2110 viewsANNA3ROA

Loan Market on 18:48 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

This season, maybe not best used. Downfall, no way. We've had some great players here on loan. Lawrence, Celina, Fraser, McGoldrick, Murphy, CCV.

This season fairly poor use of it. Six on loan, 2 good players (Chalobah & Pennington), 2 not getting in Matchday squads (Edun & Graham), 1 injured after 4 games (Walters). And one thats just a bit of a sh*t show situation (Donacien).

Loan Market on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 2102 viewsANNA3ROA

Loan Market on 18:48 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

CORRECT ANS MM was good PH ???? not good
Loan Market on 19:37 - Oct 28 with 2020 viewsNo9

Not just ITFC
Not good for football in general
Loan Market on 19:38 - Oct 28 with 2014 viewsPecker

Loan Market on 18:52 - Oct 28 by ANNA3ROA

CORRECT ANS MM was good PH ???? not good

So not our downfall?
Loan Market on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 1994 viewsANNA3ROA

Loan Market on 19:38 - Oct 28 by Pecker

So not our downfall?

This season YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Loan Market on 19:47 - Oct 28 with 1988 viewsANNA3ROA

Loan Market on 19:37 - Oct 28 by No9

Not just ITFC
Not good for football in general

Agree
Login to get fewer ads

Loan Market on 19:49 - Oct 28 with 1985 viewsChocorange

If the OP is saying it's been our downfall this season, they have a point. We haven't used it as well as the last 2/3 seasons. It's certainly a contributing factor.

Last season we had not just a promising talented player (Celina) as we have had the previous 2 seasons,(Fraser Lawrence) but also Connolly and CV who were mainstays of the team ...

So far, for me CV is better than Pennington and both Connolly and Chalobah contribute a few goals , but Connolly looks a better defensive player. The attacking loan players are nowhere near the quality we have had previously.
Loan Market on 20:03 - Oct 28 with 1946 viewsSwansea_Blue

Loan Market on 19:49 - Oct 28 by Chocorange

If the OP is saying it's been our downfall this season, they have a point. We haven't used it as well as the last 2/3 seasons. It's certainly a contributing factor.

Last season we had not just a promising talented player (Celina) as we have had the previous 2 seasons,(Fraser Lawrence) but also Connolly and CV who were mainstays of the team ...

So far, for me CV is better than Pennington and both Connolly and Chalobah contribute a few goals , but Connolly looks a better defensive player. The attacking loan players are nowhere near the quality we have had previously.

So the problem is us not using it well this year. We’ve done really well out of it for years. Going back before those mentioned in this thread we had Andrews and Bullard, for example. Both saved our seasons, or certainly make them a lot better than they would have been. And who can forget Gio!

Nothing wrong with loans at all imo. What should be regulated is the number of senior players a club can register. To stop the likes of Chelsea hovering up anyone with a bit of talent/potential, even though it’s highly unlikely they’ll ever play for their first team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Loan Market on 20:16 - Oct 28 with 1904 viewsChocorange

Loan Market on 20:03 - Oct 28 by Swansea_Blue

So the problem is us not using it well this year. We’ve done really well out of it for years. Going back before those mentioned in this thread we had Andrews and Bullard, for example. Both saved our seasons, or certainly make them a lot better than they would have been. And who can forget Gio!

Nothing wrong with loans at all imo. What should be regulated is the number of senior players a club can register. To stop the likes of Chelsea hovering up anyone with a bit of talent/potential, even though it’s highly unlikely they’ll ever play for their first team.

Agree with this... The Prem teams have made it so difficult for lesser teams to develop any top players... They can poach them when they want paying an absolute minimum for all the years of effort another team puts into a player.

The Chelsea's , Arsenal and City of this world can almost use the young players as a separate revenue stream... Buy them in cheap, loan them out for development, take a big fee..and that is surely not is envisaged by the rules.

If a player turns out to be top class, all the better, low risk for them , all to gain.

The cynical amongst us would say ...it was a hardly a surprise when our quest for academy status 1 ( which would prevent this) was defeated by the slimmest of margins.

Anyway getting back to the point, a limit on the number of players one team can loan put may help
Loan Market on 20:18 - Oct 28 with 1902 viewsjas0999

Absolutely this year. Not previously.

Signing an injured Walters was careless, but ultimately Edun & Chalobah had LESS championship experience than OUR youngsters. That was sheer stupidity. Graham?! What a pointless loan.

Pennington has however been our best loan. Which says something about our signings!!
Loan Market on 20:26 - Oct 28 with 1866 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Loan Market on 19:45 - Oct 28 by ANNA3ROA

This season YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Not just the loan market though. The transfer market in general has been a disaster, something PH really got wrong and ultimately cost him his job. So much championship talent left, they wanted to leave and I have no problem with that, but you have to replace them, and we simply didn't. We bought so many L1 and L2 players that it was a recipe for disaster and shouldn't have been allowed.

Only Edwards in my opinion is ready for the step up into the championship. And we let Woolfenden go and bought in Nsiala, in my opinion from I have seen Woolfenden is more composed and a better defender. Donacien has come in, but certainly not 700,000 better than Josh Emmanuel. Edun has come in, but in the long term we should have kept Nydam as it would have had a better long term impact on ITFC.

And in terms of attacking options. Waghorn, McGoldrick, Garner replaced with Jackson, Harrison and Nolan. That is just criminal.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Loan Market on 21:02 - Oct 28 with 1799 viewsANNA3ROA

Loan Market on 20:26 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not just the loan market though. The transfer market in general has been a disaster, something PH really got wrong and ultimately cost him his job. So much championship talent left, they wanted to leave and I have no problem with that, but you have to replace them, and we simply didn't. We bought so many L1 and L2 players that it was a recipe for disaster and shouldn't have been allowed.

Only Edwards in my opinion is ready for the step up into the championship. And we let Woolfenden go and bought in Nsiala, in my opinion from I have seen Woolfenden is more composed and a better defender. Donacien has come in, but certainly not 700,000 better than Josh Emmanuel. Edun has come in, but in the long term we should have kept Nydam as it would have had a better long term impact on ITFC.

And in terms of attacking options. Waghorn, McGoldrick, Garner replaced with Jackson, Harrison and Nolan. That is just criminal.

Agree
Loan Market on 21:47 - Oct 28 with 1728 viewsParisBlue

Loan Market on 19:49 - Oct 28 by Chocorange

I would have liked to have seen us attempt to get Connolly on a permanent. He was decent...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Loan Market on 21:57 - Oct 28 with 1708 viewsPJH

Loan Market on 21:47 - Oct 28 by ParisBlue

I would have liked to have seen us attempt to get Connolly on a permanent. He was decent...

He had got Championship experience so Hurst would not have been interested.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024