Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funge's dinners - parts 7 and 8, probably, in an ongoing series. 20:39 - Oct 31 with 771 viewsFunge

Dinner 7 - Saturday afternoon, with another well associated TWTD peer - that Vegan burger shack (TFI Vegan?) on Falcon St, where the council have put the market, while they erect that giant brass statue of Chris Mole on the Cornhill.

Anyway, I had some 'Hallaoumi' burger thing, which was well tasty, although one could notice the lack of any real Halloumi. These guys do not fck about with their seasoning, and that's really what makes this a decent meal. They slid me some Popcorn Chickin afterwards - they said I wouldn't be able to tell the difference with real chicken, which obviously wasn't the case - but hells bells, the glaze was fully, fully decent.

In summary, not as good as the Biryani Hut (the yardstick by which all Ipswich foodstalls are measured), but still very good.

Dinner 8- Pronto Pizza, on Fuluxstoo Rd.

As mentioned by man Lucan, the key here is value. An extra large pizza (20 inches) is £10.59, and if you can get anywhere close to eating even half of it, you've got worms.

The pizza itself is not bad - good thin base, fresh ingredients, altho a little bit too oily. The crust dips are underwhelming, so either make your own or throw the crusts in the garden. Would eat again, but only if all the Bella Napoli's were closed.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 20:40]
Funge's dinners - parts 7 and 8, probably, in an ongoing series. on 20:51 - Oct 31 with 736 viewsDubtractor

i had one of the big mac things from the vegan place a while back, and it was decent, but really the burger was a bit nothing if you took away the sauce and that.

I've had a couple of trips to Love Thy Burger recently and they nail it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Funge's dinners - parts 7 and 8, probably, in an ongoing series. on 21:15 - Oct 31 with 713 viewsFunge

Funge's dinners - parts 7 and 8, probably, in an ongoing series. on 20:51 - Oct 31 by Dubtractor

i had one of the big mac things from the vegan place a while back, and it was decent, but really the burger was a bit nothing if you took away the sauce and that.

I've had a couple of trips to Love Thy Burger recently and they nail it.

Yes Dubbers, LTB are consistently quality. Keep it simple - their cheeseburger is levels.

That Portuguese cafe next to where the Hare and Hounds used to be, is brilliant too. Full steak dinner for a tenner (seriously good steak), and they appear to have adopted the Portuguese government's attitude towards recreational drug use, too.

Sadly that Mexican place on Upper Orwell St I was banging on about - Nuevo Mexico - appears to have shut, which is a damn shame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024