Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chimps > Penguins (n/t) 20:33 - Nov 18 with 1169 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:10 - Nov 18 with 1140 viewsStokieBlue

As good as it was it's pretty amazing that such a ridiculously hard and inefficient reproductive method evolved and remains.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:12 - Nov 18 with 1134 viewsGeoffSentence

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:10 - Nov 18 by StokieBlue

As good as it was it's pretty amazing that such a ridiculously hard and inefficient reproductive method evolved and remains.

SB

You would have thought they would have evolved a pouch r something by now. Woud make life so much easier.

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:20 - Nov 18 with 1123 viewstractorian

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:12 - Nov 18 by GeoffSentence

You would have thought they would have evolved a pouch r something by now. Woud make life so much easier.

Animals do not evolve pouches or anything else. Nature throws up variations and if those with the variations are better suited to the environment, they thrive at the expense of the others.

The classic example, oft quoted by Darwin, is the superiority of Ipswich over Norwich supporters.
Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:51 - Nov 18 with 1096 viewsronnyd

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 22:20 - Nov 18 by tractorian

Animals do not evolve pouches or anything else. Nature throws up variations and if those with the variations are better suited to the environment, they thrive at the expense of the others.

The classic example, oft quoted by Darwin, is the superiority of Ipswich over Norwich supporters.

Unfortunately they havn,t told our players yet.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:55 - Nov 18 with 1090 viewsronnyd

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 23:14 - Nov 18 with 1085 viewsjeera

David was found dead some months after filming apparently, in case you hadn't seen that.

Poor ol' David.

*Spoiler alert* in case you didn't want to know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 23:35 - Nov 18 with 1073 viewsGeoffSentence

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 23:14 - Nov 18 by jeera

David was found dead some months after filming apparently, in case you hadn't seen that.

Poor ol' David.

*Spoiler alert* in case you didn't want to know.

Yes, I had seen that. The chimps were brutal. Apparently another one was killed as well and the young thugs that did it ripped off his face and partially cannabalised him.

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 00:05 - Nov 19 with 1058 viewsjeera

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 23:35 - Nov 18 by GeoffSentence

Yes, I had seen that. The chimps were brutal. Apparently another one was killed as well and the young thugs that did it ripped off his face and partially cannabalised him.

I kept trying to tell him through the TV screen that it simply wasn't worth it.

Not just for shagging rights.

Seems I was too late. Also maybe that telekinesis doesn't work cross species, especially when inhibited further by a time difference of several months.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 07:30 - Nov 19 with 984 viewsStokieBlue

You've given a pretty exact description of how animals do evolve traits.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Chimps > Penguins (n/t) on 08:09 - Nov 19 with 951 viewsBluebell

I was so pleased at the end that it said they actually helped the penguins which had fallen down a ravine by building steps up for them to climb back.

I would love to be a wildlife photographer like that but would hate to see animals die and not be able to help them.

That is an amazing programme.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024