Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on last night 13:40 - Nov 29 with 1661 viewsnodge_blue

Cole Skuse was excellent last night. He was finding space, pinging passes. Lambert seems to be getting the absolute max out of him.

Challobah and Downes both need to step up. England U20 players. They need to affect the game much more.

Sears can play wide left after all!

Both fullbacks, but Spence particularly not great. Need much more going forward.

We cant rely on aging Chambers and Skuse. Lack of senior experienced pros in mid to late 20s is telling.

Still "enjoyed" it more than what we saw under Mick. I think Lambert is the right man for the club. The trouble may be that another half a season of taking defeats is going to do alot of harm for next season. A season that will surely be in Div 1. We need very shortly to be planning for that to get a head start. That may mean blooding the youngsters more to get them game time in preparation.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Thoughts on last night on 13:50 - Nov 29 with 1614 viewsBecclesITFC

Cole Skuse was superb last night. I really don't rate Challobah (Sorry everyone!)

Agree on full backs.

Last night was just a mad 10 minuets. The rest of the performance was encouraging.

I do think we are now going down, based on that 10 minuet madness. We can't afford this.

PL is most definitely the right man for this job.

Yon know the term 'gets worse before it gets better' I think we are living it right now. All will be fine long term IMO.
Thoughts on last night on 13:56 - Nov 29 with 1586 viewsTMWWNGAS

Spence to me is footballs version of cowboy builders!

I may be in the minority who actually though Knudsen was 'OK' last night, but that may be in comparison to Spence.

My opinion although I think Spence is poor, and also with the benefit of hindsight, our fullbacks don't get enough protection from the wingers, (if that is what they are - not sure if they are wingers or part of a front 3...) especially once we regained the lead last night.
Thoughts on last night on 13:58 - Nov 29 with 1577 viewsnodge_blue

Thoughts on last night on 13:56 - Nov 29 by TMWWNGAS

Spence to me is footballs version of cowboy builders!

I may be in the minority who actually though Knudsen was 'OK' last night, but that may be in comparison to Spence.

My opinion although I think Spence is poor, and also with the benefit of hindsight, our fullbacks don't get enough protection from the wingers, (if that is what they are - not sure if they are wingers or part of a front 3...) especially once we regained the lead last night.

At least Knudsen didnt pass the ball to the opposition striker who was on the edge of our box at the time.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Thoughts on last night on 14:24 - Nov 29 with 1541 viewsernie

Thoughts on last night on 13:50 - Nov 29 by BecclesITFC

Cole Skuse was superb last night. I really don't rate Challobah (Sorry everyone!)

Agree on full backs.

Last night was just a mad 10 minuets. The rest of the performance was encouraging.

I do think we are now going down, based on that 10 minuet madness. We can't afford this.

PL is most definitely the right man for this job.

Yon know the term 'gets worse before it gets better' I think we are living it right now. All will be fine long term IMO.

Skuse wasn’t ‘excellent’ or ‘ superb’ last night and anyone convinced by this need to go away and look up the definition of those words. He showed for the ball a bit more than usual first half and unusually for him, made a few forward runs and linked the midfield and attack a couple of times. Also, played a few good cross field passes. However this was nowhere nearly enough over the course of the whole game , and he faded badly once the third goal went in and looked as lost as anyone else when we were trying to get the game back. As you rightly say a 33 year old Skuse doing this a couple of times in the first half is not going to be enough to keep us in the championship.
Thoughts on last night on 14:31 - Nov 29 with 1529 viewsjudespiveyg

Skuse had a decent game, but no more than that really. He made a couple of decent passes but is still unable to make quick first time passes and usually picked the easy option for a pass. Not convinced by his movement off the ball either.
Downes I think has played quite well recently and was very impressed against West From, Chalobah has shown flashes of brilliance but inexperience of the roll and of professional football in general shows.
Sears works well on the wing when Mccarthy's not ordering players to lump it over his head.
Both full backs are absolutely pony.
Don't think we really 'rely' on Skuse and Chambers any more than any other players.
Do agree with the last paragraph though.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 14:39]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Thoughts on last night on 14:36 - Nov 29 with 1514 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Good observation. Time for a few changes I think, but think Lambert knows that already. Feel so sorry for Paul Lambert, a great manager, perfect fit for us, and I’m praying that he stays even if we go down. Combination of PH and ME have sunk this club this year, but it has been coming!

Team for sat
Bart
Donacien - Chambo - Pennington - Knudsen (reluctantly)
Nolan - Skuse - Bishop
Lankester - Roberts - Sears

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Thoughts on last night on 14:40 - Nov 29 with 1493 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thoughts on last night on 14:36 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Good observation. Time for a few changes I think, but think Lambert knows that already. Feel so sorry for Paul Lambert, a great manager, perfect fit for us, and I’m praying that he stays even if we go down. Combination of PH and ME have sunk this club this year, but it has been coming!

Team for sat
Bart
Donacien - Chambo - Pennington - Knudsen (reluctantly)
Nolan - Skuse - Bishop
Lankester - Roberts - Sears

Read your first selection and then stopped!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thoughts on last night on 15:23 - Nov 29 with 1434 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Thoughts on last night on 14:40 - Nov 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Read your first selection and then stopped!

He won't drop Bart after 1 honest mistake, he tried to stop the ball from going in from a very close distance and it deflected it goal bound. Obviously it is easy to say he should have left it but Bart wouldn't know that. Honest mistake, happens in football, move on.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on last night on 17:27 - Nov 29 with 1287 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thoughts on last night on 15:23 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

He won't drop Bart after 1 honest mistake, he tried to stop the ball from going in from a very close distance and it deflected it goal bound. Obviously it is easy to say he should have left it but Bart wouldn't know that. Honest mistake, happens in football, move on.

.......and the other 2?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024