Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) 19:19 - Dec 15 with 6350 viewsjpring89

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 07:25 - Dec 16 with 594 viewsITFC_Forever

Bart all day.

Gerken’s distribution and communication are woeful. Every time he plays, he either calls for the ball and the defenders ignore him as they don’t trust him or he doesn’t call at all and the defenders have to clear it.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 08:36 - Dec 16 with 565 viewsBluebell

Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 07:25 - Dec 16 by ITFC_Forever

Bart all day.

Gerken’s distribution and communication are woeful. Every time he plays, he either calls for the ball and the defenders ignore him as they don’t trust him or he doesn’t call at all and the defenders have to clear it.

I think passing out to either Pennington or Chambers (obviously Lambert's instruction) is good as long as the 2 players can deal with it.

Most of the time they pass straight back to the keeper who invaribly has to change foot or run to get the ball giving opposing players the chance to run at him. More often than not he then has to hoof it out to clear it.
Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 08:45 - Dec 16 with 552 viewssolemio

Yes
Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 09:00 - Dec 16 with 536 viewsBenno1960

Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 08:36 - Dec 16 by Bluebell

I think passing out to either Pennington or Chambers (obviously Lambert's instruction) is good as long as the 2 players can deal with it.

Most of the time they pass straight back to the keeper who invaribly has to change foot or run to get the ball giving opposing players the chance to run at him. More often than not he then has to hoof it out to clear it.

i dont understand why teams allow us to pass out to our cb when they split like that, unless they are happy for them to have it so deep with such limited passing ability

I feel both gk are uncomfortable at times at being asked to play this way but PL is not going to change it

Bart is the better gk when "on it" and someone suggested it may be about his dad passing away and perhaps him not dealing with that well. He certainly looks troubled
Gerken or Bart ? (n/t) on 09:07 - Dec 16 with 529 viewsBluefish

These questions still amaze me. Bart is on another level to gerken but he has just struggled with form this season. Personally I would stick with Bart though, his best came when he was given his longest run in the shirt after an inconsistent start at itfc. Gerken is simply just nowhere near and the defence don't trust him. Van de sar didn't need to make saves because he organised so well that the shots never came in, gerks is the opposite. Bart is an average kick but gerks is a terrible kicker. There really shouldn't be a contest, Bart is a very good keeper but not playing well, gerken is a poor keeper playing his best. I would still pick Bart

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024