Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CCV update 21:51 - Dec 17 with 13556 viewslinhdi

An ITK on a Spurs site has said that Spurs are in discussions with Swansea about cutting CCV's loan short, to enable him to rejoin Ipswich. Source is generally accurate.

Bring it on.
Obviously a decent addition.... on 21:59 - Dec 18 with 726 viewsPJH

Obviously a decent addition.... on 21:52 - Dec 18 by reusersfreekicks

Did you not see Pennington at right back? Not the answer

Pennington is no RB,Swansea repeatedly got behind him in the game that kept Hurst here a bit longer.
I think Pennington is having a reasonably good season at centre half and although there is no doubt that CCV is a class above him I would be surprised if PL is looking to replace Pennington.
There is no way that Chambo is being replaced so (if CCV is not replacing Pennington)it is either 3 at the back or Chambo at RB-unless of course PL believes that Pennington can play RB.

Whilst CCV would undoubtedly improve the team I think there are more urgent issues than central defence.

Intriguing isn't it?
Obviously a decent addition.... on 08:30 - Dec 19 with 626 viewstractorboy1978

Obviously a decent addition.... on 21:59 - Dec 18 by PJH

Pennington is no RB,Swansea repeatedly got behind him in the game that kept Hurst here a bit longer.
I think Pennington is having a reasonably good season at centre half and although there is no doubt that CCV is a class above him I would be surprised if PL is looking to replace Pennington.
There is no way that Chambo is being replaced so (if CCV is not replacing Pennington)it is either 3 at the back or Chambo at RB-unless of course PL believes that Pennington can play RB.

Whilst CCV would undoubtedly improve the team I think there are more urgent issues than central defence.

Intriguing isn't it?

A striker and a right back are the most pressing for me. However, we’ve conceded the most goals in the division and CCV was a colossus for us in the second half of last season. If Chambers/Pennington got injured, would you fancy a run of games with Nsiala back in the side?!
Obviously a decent addition.... on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 615 viewsPJH

Obviously a decent addition.... on 08:30 - Dec 19 by tractorboy1978

A striker and a right back are the most pressing for me. However, we’ve conceded the most goals in the division and CCV was a colossus for us in the second half of last season. If Chambers/Pennington got injured, would you fancy a run of games with Nsiala back in the side?!

If all the other more pressing problems are sorted by incoming's then great and no I would not fancy Nsiala in for a run of important games but I do not see a new central defender as a priority.

Having said that I have full trust in whatever PL has in mind.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 8:46]
Obviously a decent addition.... on 08:56 - Dec 19 with 582 viewsBluebell

Obviously a decent addition.... on 08:39 - Dec 19 by PJH

If all the other more pressing problems are sorted by incoming's then great and no I would not fancy Nsiala in for a run of important games but I do not see a new central defender as a priority.

Having said that I have full trust in whatever PL has in mind.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 8:46]

I am with you on that PJH. A striker who can score has to be top of the list.

We do need cover at the back and CCV would be a great addition but I wouldn't want either Chambers or Pennington on the bench. I hope Lambert has a plan!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024