Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These Football Times on Maurice Steijn 10:50 - Dec 20 with 1637 viewsNWSixto

I thought this was an interesting piece and haven't seen it discussed here, on Maurice Steijn's continued success at VVV Venlo.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/12/14/the-inside-story-of-vvv-venlo-the-small

Clear parallels between what he's achieved there and what we all want at Town, a close-knit club and community coming together with spirit to overcome clubs on bigger budgets.

Was there ever anything in it? Could it still happen one day? I think I remember Stuart Watson saying he was contacted in case Paul Hurst didn't happen.
These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 1602 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thanks for sharing. Interesting to know it is still going well for him. It would have been a massive gamble and far too likely to fail if he had come here.

An interesting line from the article "Lamberts was among the jubilant away fans that day". He really has been thorough in his preparation for managing us hasn't he?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 11:51 - Dec 20 with 1536 viewsmonty_radio

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 11:00 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks for sharing. Interesting to know it is still going well for him. It would have been a massive gamble and far too likely to fail if he had come here.

An interesting line from the article "Lamberts was among the jubilant away fans that day". He really has been thorough in his preparation for managing us hasn't he?!

Not dissimilar to Graham Potter's story in Finland. Not sure I'd want to embrace the phrase "massive gamble" though - plays too much into the "be careful ...." school.

With the descent of the big Championship bucks Ipswich is a small-town club (albeit with history). Hurst had done well with Shrewsbury, but perhaps not with the holistic methods spoken of with Steijn or Potter.

Lambert is nothing if not thorough, and would seem to be our man of the moment. Whether he'd ultimately be satisfied to stay, move here, and build a long-term Ipswich legacy is a question for another day.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 12:20 - Dec 20 with 1484 viewsChiefXL

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 11:51 - Dec 20 by monty_radio

Not dissimilar to Graham Potter's story in Finland. Not sure I'd want to embrace the phrase "massive gamble" though - plays too much into the "be careful ...." school.

With the descent of the big Championship bucks Ipswich is a small-town club (albeit with history). Hurst had done well with Shrewsbury, but perhaps not with the holistic methods spoken of with Steijn or Potter.

Lambert is nothing if not thorough, and would seem to be our man of the moment. Whether he'd ultimately be satisfied to stay, move here, and build a long-term Ipswich legacy is a question for another day.

Sweden
These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 12:42 - Dec 20 with 1439 viewsRadlett_blue

I think Evans is done with gambling after twisting with Hurst.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 13:27 - Dec 20 with 1372 viewsNWSixto

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 12:42 - Dec 20 by Radlett_blue

I think Evans is done with gambling after twisting with Hurst.

If there ever was a moment it's probably passed hasn't it.

Shame, because there's no love lost between Dutchmen and Germans, and I'd have loved to see him take on the w@nker in the parka.
These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 16:52 - Dec 20 with 1254 viewsPositivelyPortman

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 13:27 - Dec 20 by NWSixto

If there ever was a moment it's probably passed hasn't it.

Shame, because there's no love lost between Dutchmen and Germans, and I'd have loved to see him take on the w@nker in the parka.

Let’s be honest, the w@nker in the parka is not doing too badly though is he?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 17:40 - Dec 20 with 1203 viewsmonty_radio

These Football Times on Maurice Steijn on 12:20 - Dec 20 by ChiefXL

Sweden

Duly noted ta. I have family in Finland, and it springs readily to mind.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024