Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The market has destroyed football...... 21:33 - Jan 5 with 887 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.......football is dead! Discuss (or not!)
What good is the bread without a functioning circus?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The market has destroyed football...... on 21:34 - Jan 5 with 882 viewsBurwell_Blue

Football has been dead since the mid 90’s
The market has destroyed football...... on 21:38 - Jan 5 with 856 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The market has destroyed football...... on 21:34 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

All this talk of Evans rather puts the cart before the horse. The horse needs taking to the knackers yard!

.....just before we burn all the carts!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 21:39]

The market has destroyed football...... on 21:41 - Jan 5 with 832 viewsclive_baker

The market has destroyed football...... on 21:34 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

I wouldn’t say the game is dead, the industry is at the elite level though. Maybe that sounds like the sort of thing a bitter outsider would be expected to say when their team is heading for their lowest league status in its history. I’m sure Leicester fans wouldn’t have agreed a couple of years back. But the Premier League appeals less and less to me by the week in truth, the money involved just served to make me resent it and it becomes so detached and unrelatable to your average fan that put it where it is.

I maintain that football isn’t dead though. Get to some non league, I think it might restore your faith a little. Community clubs there solely for the love of the game. That for me is the one silver lining of relation, clubs like Accrington. Walsall. Bristol Rovers. Proper.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The market has destroyed football...... on 21:46 - Jan 5 with 806 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The market has destroyed football...... on 21:41 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

I wouldn’t say the game is dead, the industry is at the elite level though. Maybe that sounds like the sort of thing a bitter outsider would be expected to say when their team is heading for their lowest league status in its history. I’m sure Leicester fans wouldn’t have agreed a couple of years back. But the Premier League appeals less and less to me by the week in truth, the money involved just served to make me resent it and it becomes so detached and unrelatable to your average fan that put it where it is.

I maintain that football isn’t dead though. Get to some non league, I think it might restore your faith a little. Community clubs there solely for the love of the game. That for me is the one silver lining of relation, clubs like Accrington. Walsall. Bristol Rovers. Proper.

Thing is it is the championship too and the Accrington chairman was saying how hard it is to compete coming up from League 2 to 1!
I agree though that the extent to which rigor has set in reduces the further down the leagues you go.

The market has destroyed football...... on 22:01 - Jan 5 with 753 viewsRyorry

Feel the same. League football is now all about what owner you have, whether they actually care about football for its own sake - not even to mention any feeling whatsoever for the individual club that they buy - and how deep their pockets are. Just a complete lottery. And don't get me started on Prem payers' wages.

All been said a million times before, I know.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The market has destroyed football...... on 22:11 - Jan 5 with 727 viewsgilo1973

Totally agree - non league football is far more interesting than the premiership. I have been going to Sutton United for the last 7 years and it is so much more personable than the premiership. You get the opportunity to go to the end of season party with the players, talk to the manager and most importantly always think you have a chance of getting at least a draw.

Having said that even the National League is now seeing a two tier structure being the money now being plowed into clubs like Salford and even Billericay and with the number of ex league teams in the division will mean that the National League will soon be the same as the Premiership

Poll: What price do you think match tickets should start at? (Adult)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024