Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad re-build 13:52 - Mar 4 with 1013 viewsEastKentBlue

Think we should look at building the team round Judge the captain, and Keane up top.

GK:s 1 x new goalkeeper; Harry Wright back-up.
RBs: Emmanuel and Cotter
LB: Kenlock; 1 x LB
CBs: Woolfenden, Nsiala, Smith, 1 x CB to be the new main man.
DCMs: Downes and Nydam
Creative CMs: Bishop and Dozzell
Wingers/Attack: Edwards; Rowe; Lankester; Judge; 1 x winger/striker
ST: Harrison; Jackson; Keane (if we can sign him)

Would like us to go for Eaves of Gillingham if we cannot get Keane. No idea on goalkeeper or left-back. Centre-back if we could go back in for Tilt - he maybe out of our price range but...

Getting rid of Bart, Gerken, Chambers, Knudsen, Collins, Spence, Sears, Ward, Huws, Adeyemi will free up a lot of wages.

Only area we would maybe want to get some experience in is DCM but I think Downes could do a job.
Squad re-build on 14:15 - Mar 4 with 946 viewsRobTheMonk

If we can keep Judge then that will be phenomenal business.

Keane, I'm not too sure about. I've liked what I see but he's the type to be injured more often than not.

Bart's contract, even with a relegation clause, will probably still be a nice wedge. All depends on how much he enjoys being here and whether a higher offer comes in.

It's going to be a huge rebuild. I just hope that we do business early, don't sell our best players towards the end of the transfer window and no over-reliance on loan players.
Squad re-build on 15:23 - Mar 4 with 844 viewsrickw

You seem to have forgotten Skuse!

The biggest problem is at least half the players you want rid of we won't be able to - nobody will buy them or take on their wages, so we will be stuck with players who perhaps PL doesn't really want but who'll be taking up a percentage of his budget.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Squad re-build on 15:55 - Mar 4 with 797 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think Lambert will recruit in just about every position. If we can keep Judge, it'll be a statement of intent. The only players I think are already on the team sheet next year are

Chambers
Nolan
Judge (if we keep him)
Edwards

I really think every other position will come down to how well certain players perform in pre-season.

A lot of the players you mention could make very good league one players, but the lack of performance this year says that a lot can't cut it in the Championship. If Lambert has to rebuild, he'll want to do it once. Not now and then again in August 2020 to survive in the Championship.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024