Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was our Premier League equivalent? 13:30 - Mar 19 with 3826 viewsBluefish

A club that has been a mainstay but is not good enough or rich enough to ever break into the top 6 these days despite flirting with it in the past. A club with a solid history and little hope.

Probably Everton? Maybe Villa before that?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 21:46 - Mar 19 with 321 viewsBluefish

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 20:27 - Mar 19 by brogansnose

Seriously Fishers, what constitutes a meaningful existence nowadays for a football club. In any division, is being 15th on a regular basis, because thats pretty much financially what reality dictates, a meaningful existence ? Thats not a side swipe at ME either. If our true position is top 6 in div 3 and being competitive then that's the way schizzle is and I personally can, and have got to live with that. Is ticking off the FA fixture list and being nowhere in div 2 but just existing and being there meaningful in any way ? To my mind, and other views are availible and no less valid, sport is about competing not just making up the numbers.

Forget our history and pedigree, we will find our level in the pecking order.

There is a lot of truth there. I've said for a while that mid table championship is punching above our real place. It is now to be debated though that being a top team in div means promotion which in term means a return to div 2 middle to lower, is it success if you are returning to what you didn't want to be?

That is why I asked how Everton etc feel or how villa feel who have been that team and gone down? Are they bored too would they rather drop to be big again?

The majority of teams in football have to settle for being content. As I said many times, it is the hope that kills you

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024