Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! 23:21 - Apr 4 with 8934 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 23:42 - Apr 4 with 4294 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 00:45 - Apr 5 with 4273 viewsGuthrum

Any of you lot at this gig?

Huw Lloyd-Langton at his best.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 0:46]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 07:05 - Apr 5 with 4235 viewsWeWereZombies

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 00:45 - Apr 5 by Guthrum

No, not at that one although I did see Hawkwind four or five times in the early seventies (and my son reckons that my hearing loss is due to that because the rudimentary electronics they used were diabolically bereft of limitations).

I think is clip is from a decade or two later? Song is a new one to me but the chorus reminds me of something else, chase of spades? Ace of glades? No, can't place it.

Returning to eric's heading for the thread:

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 08:30 - Apr 5 with 4206 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 00:45 - Apr 5 by Guthrum

No but I was on his bus!
Tea and anarchy anyone.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 08:35 - Apr 5 with 4203 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A favourite of my parents....childhood memories, it's mad how deeply engrained the lyrics are from so long ago!

[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 8:37]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 09:05 - Apr 5 with 4181 viewsGuthrum

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 07:05 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

No, not at that one although I did see Hawkwind four or five times in the early seventies (and my son reckons that my hearing loss is due to that because the rudimentary electronics they used were diabolically bereft of limitations).

I think is clip is from a decade or two later? Song is a new one to me but the chorus reminds me of something else, chase of spades? Ace of glades? No, can't place it.

Returning to eric's heading for the thread:

1984 in Ipswich, hence the question. I've seen various versions of the Hawks, but only starting in the late '90s.

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 10:12 - Apr 5 with 4163 viewsWeWereZombies

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 09:05 - Apr 5 by Guthrum

1984 in Ipswich, hence the question. I've seen various versions of the Hawks, but only starting in the late '90s.

Back in the 70s and early 80s I worked at the same place as this lad:

Was it Simon House on violin on the live clip you played as well?

Once saw Alan Davey's Egypt at the much missed Boat Race in Cambridge.

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 10:58 - Apr 5 with 4151 viewsGuthrum

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 10:12 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

Back in the 70s and early 80s I worked at the same place as this lad:

Was it Simon House on violin on the live clip you played as well?

Once saw Alan Davey's Egypt at the much missed Boat Race in Cambridge.

Dead Fred, according to the comments section.

Saw the early 2000s incarnation of Brock's HW with Davey back in the band.

Login to get fewer ads

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 13:03 - Apr 5 with 4101 viewsEireannach_gorm

I would have said female Martian.

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 13:45 - Apr 5 with 4080 viewsWeWereZombies

Sorry eric, this has taken far too long to percolate up from the recesses of my aberrant mind:

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 16:32 - Apr 5 with 4008 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 16:52 - Apr 5 with 3988 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 19:54 - Apr 5 with 3901 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 19:59 - Apr 5 with 3895 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 20:03 - Apr 5 with 3888 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 20:10 - Apr 5 with 3879 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:02 - Apr 5 with 3857 viewsWeWereZombies

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 08:35 - Apr 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

A favourite of my parents....childhood memories, it's mad how deeply engrained the lyrics are from so long ago!

[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 8:37]

I've seen Supertramp twice - once in Ipswich and once in Felixstowe, an early incarnation roundabout the time of the 'Indelibly Stamped' album and supported by Fishbaugh, Fishbaugh and Zorn - I think the last one ended up in Richard Thompson's band about thirty years later. Now the Ipswich gig was on the 'Crime of the Century' tour, a bit special and I think they opened with 'School'. Never saw Becker and Fagan though.

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:05 - Apr 5 with 3856 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:07 - Apr 5 with 3850 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:14 - Apr 5 with 3840 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:23 - Apr 5 with 3824 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:32 - Apr 5 with 3811 viewsWeWereZombies

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:07 - Apr 5 by ericclacton

I've been thinking I should add some Van to these threads and now I have had the prompt

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 3791 viewsericclacton

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 21:32 - Apr 5 by WeWereZombies

I've been thinking I should add some Van to these threads and now I have had the prompt

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 22:03 - Apr 5 with 3786 viewsGodzilla

Martinet................South African crash helmet!!!! on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 3780 viewsericclacton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024