Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see the yellow vests..... 18:19 - Apr 20 with 1191 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....expressing their displeasure at corporare french elites raising 1 billion euros from their petty small change for Notre Dame!
https://www.wsj.com/articles/notre-dame-pledges-from-frances-wealthy-re-energize
https://www.france24.com/en/20190420-france-yellow-vests-protests-violence-notre

"What happened at Notre-Dame is obviously a deplorable tragedy. But nobody died," Levavasseur said. "I've heard someone speaking of national mourning. Are they out of their minds?"

Tristan, a Yellow Vest supporter who declined to give his full name for fear of being identified by police after he was banned from travelling to Paris during weekends to attend demonstrations, prefers to stay away from the polemics.

He made an €80 donation to Notre-Dame — quite a sum for the 29-year-old, who works in construction and does frequent night shifts to put butter on his bread.

"I'm a Catholic, I'm a regular churchgoer and I felt personally touched," he said. "Tears came to my eyes on Monday night. Of course, one can ask why billionaires did not give money before to less important organisations. But who knows if they didn't?

"On the other hand, what really shocked me is Macron saying Notre-Dame would be rebuilt within five years. It's obvious he never held a trowel in his life."

[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 18:28]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:21 - Apr 20 with 1166 viewsJ2BLUE

Je Suis Cathedral

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:23 - Apr 20 with 1157 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:21 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

Je Suis Cathedral

Non, je suis cathedral!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:36 - Apr 20 with 1138 viewsfactual_blue

I've yet to see anything about the Catholic Church sticking their hands in their pockets for the reconstruction work.

I hope devout follower Cardinal Mogg is going to be making a donation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:45 - Apr 20 with 1112 viewsTrequartista

They look light green to me

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 21:09 - Apr 20 with 989 viewsGuthrum

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:36 - Apr 20 by factual_blue

I've yet to see anything about the Catholic Church sticking their hands in their pockets for the reconstruction work.

Not their cathedral. Only borrowing it from the French state (who don't even allow them to charge an entrance fee).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 06:25 - Apr 21 with 847 viewsStokieBlue

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 18:36 - Apr 20 by factual_blue

All churches in France are owned by the state who let it fall into disrepair over a number of years.

Still don't see why the church can't stick something in the pot though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good to see the yellow vests..... on 06:26 - Apr 21 with 843 viewsStokieBlue

It's a bit of a weird criticism isn't it? It just looks like he's looking for something to complain about.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024