Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Well there's a turnaround|
at 19:30 13 Mar 2019
Direct quote from the BBC
'MPs have voted for an amendment to reject the UK leaving the EU at anytime'
|Jack Lyon RIP|
at 18:52 12 Mar 2019
The last-known survivor of The Great Escape.* Just two weeks before the 75th anniversary of the 'Escape'.
He thought the film was rubbish, btw.
*Although he didn't actually get out, as he was still in the tunnel when the escape was uncovered.
|Baptiste is great|
at 14:35 11 Mar 2019
Anybody with a copy of Music From Big Pink in their car is a good egg.
at 16:49 6 Mar 2019
Today's episode is from Glemham Hall. Quite a lot of mentions of ITFC and the Cobbolds. One of the lots is some autographs.
Pat Godbold was also interviewed (but isn't, so far as I know) being auctioned.
|Government funding pots|
at 16:01 4 Mar 2019
Just so that nobody is under any illusion, here's a brief explanation of how funding 'pots' - like that just announced to help deprived parts of the country post-brexit - work.
1. The Treasury identifies various bits and bobs of funding in a variety of government departments (DWP, Health, Home Office, DEFRA, etc
2. It puts all that funding in the new 'pot'.
3. The various departments now all have less money. So the pot in Dept of Transport for pothole repair will be reduced, put in the brexit communities pot, and there'll be less pothole money for places like Suffolk.
4. The new 'pot' will be under the direct control of the Treasury, and will be almost impossible to get any money from.
5. The only places likely to get money from it are tory marginals.
6. It doesn't really matter though - potholes will be the least of our worries post-brexit.
|What a bargain!|
at 14:31 1 Mar 2019
I've just got a lovely new chandelier for $850!
It'll look lovely in the ballroom here at Palazzio Factual.
|Andre Previn RIP|
at 17:44 28 Feb 2019
Farewell Mr Preview. May your notes always be in the right order.
|Forum Votes: ||4356|
|Comment Votes: ||20|
|Prediction League: ||0|