Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PayPal alternative 08:28 - Apr 11 with 1174 viewsJohnny_Boy

Does anyone have experiences (good & bad) of alternative Money Transfer apps.

Not for a business, nor for purchasing items - just to easily send money quickly to Family & Friends + quicker Withdrawal turnaround to get back into your bank.

European preferred.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 8:39]
PayPal alternative on 08:29 - Apr 11 with 1162 viewsTownly

Transferwise.

Excellent service for sending cash abroad.
PayPal alternative on 10:27 - Apr 11 with 1102 viewsnoggin

PayPal alternative on 08:29 - Apr 11 by Townly

Transferwise.

Excellent service for sending cash abroad.

I'll second that. Cheaper than paypal and much better interest rates. If I send money to friends, it arrives in their accounts immediately.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

PayPal alternative on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 1076 viewsJohnny_Boy

PayPal alternative on 10:27 - Apr 11 by noggin

I'll second that. Cheaper than paypal and much better interest rates. If I send money to friends, it arrives in their accounts immediately.

Thank you both. I've signed up. Infuriatingly, my POS antique iPhone doesn't support the App, but website is straightforward enough.
PayPal alternative on 11:28 - Apr 11 with 1053 viewsbadadski

PayPal alternative on 10:46 - Apr 11 by Johnny_Boy

Thank you both. I've signed up. Infuriatingly, my POS antique iPhone doesn't support the App, but website is straightforward enough.

Transfer money to friends on PayPal costs nothing and is free and can be withdrawn to bank account usually in seconds so am I missing something?
PayPal alternative on 11:41 - Apr 11 with 1036 viewsnoggin

PayPal alternative on 11:28 - Apr 11 by badadski

Transfer money to friends on PayPal costs nothing and is free and can be withdrawn to bank account usually in seconds so am I missing something?

It's only free if you already have money in your account, which for me takes a couple of days. Also the exchange rates are poor compared to Tranferwise.

PayPal alternative on 12:07 - Apr 11 with 1023 viewsbadadski

PayPal alternative on 11:41 - Apr 11 by noggin

It's only free if you already have money in your account, which for me takes a couple of days. Also the exchange rates are poor compared to Tranferwise.

Ah ok so transferring to another country and exchange rates are poor like you say.
PayPal alternative on 12:12 - Apr 11 with 1017 viewsJohnny_Boy

PayPal alternative on 11:28 - Apr 11 by badadski

Recently I was sent money from UK via PayPal - Friends & Family - I got the money instantly to my Paypal account, but to then transfer those funds into my German bank account takes 1-2 working days. From what I can gather via a Google search, sometimes it's instant - other times it's not.

Also, the exchange rate seems much more friendlier with TravelWise.

I've also had a bit of a mare with my UK bank too - long story short, I had a different Mobile # at the time & its obsolete. For some strange reason my UK bank demands a working Mobile number to simply transfer to another EU bank, until I'm back in Blighty to rectify the problem in person, I can't do much about it. Odd because DE bank to UK band is straightforward enough (also free), even if it does take 3 days to clear.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 13:26]
PayPal alternative on 12:45 - Apr 11 with 992 viewsnoggin

PayPal alternative on 12:12 - Apr 11 by Johnny_Boy

Recently I was sent money from UK via PayPal - Friends & Family - I got the money instantly to my Paypal account, but to then transfer those funds into my German bank account takes 1-2 working days. From what I can gather via a Google search, sometimes it's instant - other times it's not.

Also, the exchange rate seems much more friendlier with TravelWise.

I've also had a bit of a mare with my UK bank too - long story short, I had a different Mobile # at the time & its obsolete. For some strange reason my UK bank demands a working Mobile number to simply transfer to another EU bank, until I'm back in Blighty to rectify the problem in person, I can't do much about it. Odd because DE bank to UK band is straightforward enough (also free), even if it does take 3 days to clear.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 13:26]

I live in Norway. When I transfer money to the UK with TW, it takes seconds to reach their bank account. If they send money to me it takes a couple of days.I think the dealy this way is more to do with the Norwegian banking system.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 12:47]

Login to get fewer ads

PayPal alternative on 13:28 - Apr 11 with 956 viewsJohnny_Boy

PayPal alternative on 12:45 - Apr 11 by noggin

I live in Norway. When I transfer money to the UK with TW, it takes seconds to reach their bank account. If they send money to me it takes a couple of days.I think the dealy this way is more to do with the Norwegian banking system.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 12:47]

Is the Norwegian banking system very stringent? I'm finding the German one far more easier to compared to various hoops in the UK.
PayPal alternative on 14:29 - Apr 11 with 940 viewsnoggin

PayPal alternative on 13:28 - Apr 11 by Johnny_Boy

Is the Norwegian banking system very stringent? I'm finding the German one far more easier to compared to various hoops in the UK.

Not that I have noticed really. I just can't think why else it takes longer for money to come this way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024