Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) 16:09 - Apr 13 with 933 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Surprisingly I can't find a definitive answer about this online so hopefully one of the board's resident FM experts can assist.

I'm playing as Ipswich (on FM 2018) and I've agreed to sign a 23-year-old Russian keeper from Wolfsburg for £11.5m, on a £75k a week contract. The scout report said a work permit would likely be granted upon appeal.

The initial work permit application was rejected as he hasn't played in enough recent fixtures for Russia (6 caps overall) and I got the usual 'without a WP player won't be able to play and would need to be loaned to a feeder club where he can gain a WP' message.

Appealed and he has now been granted a conditional UK work permit.

Does this mean that if I complete the transfer he will be able to play at least for the duration of his contract? I made the mistake of signing someone after an initial rejection in the past and he still can't get a WP, so I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 16:36 - Apr 13 with 890 viewsAce_High1

When the initial application is rejected and you appeal, you should then get an answer a few days later either saying that has also been rejected or it has been approved?

If its approved then you can sign him and he can be registered to play.
Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 16:56 - Apr 13 with 858 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 16:36 - Apr 13 by Ace_High1

When the initial application is rejected and you appeal, you should then get an answer a few days later either saying that has also been rejected or it has been approved?

If its approved then you can sign him and he can be registered to play.

After the initial rejection the update a few days later literally just says 'Wolfburg's X has been granted a conditional British work permit for his move to Ipswich'.

So I guess that means he'll be able to play?

Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 16:57 - Apr 13 with 852 viewsAce_High1

Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 16:56 - Apr 13 by ThisIsMyUsername

After the initial rejection the update a few days later literally just says 'Wolfburg's X has been granted a conditional British work permit for his move to Ipswich'.

So I guess that means he'll be able to play?

Yes that has then been approved. He can play.
Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 17:00 - Apr 13 with 843 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Football Manager work permit question (FAO Joe/PK/anyone) on 16:57 - Apr 13 by Ace_High1

Yes that has then been approved. He can play.

Thanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024