Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its the kids then, and pretty much only the kids 12:11 - Apr 14 with 596 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Where we don’t have talent in the building that is ready for developing in a particular position and it’s clear that we need to invest to improve we will do so but we will not bring in anyone who blocks our own players’ development and we will ensure we give our young homegrown players a run of games"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Its the kids then, and pretty much only the kids on 12:18 - Apr 14 with 559 viewsxrayspecs

Part necessity but also a smart move for the club to signal to the players in the academy and their parents that there will be a development pathway for them at ITFC.

Would the players who went to Man City, Arsenal and West Ham in recent seasons have left if they knew they would be given a decent chance here. I wonder if that was part of the discussions or something ME has concluded after we have lost three decent prospects in as many seasons.
Its the kids then, and pretty much only the kids on 12:23 - Apr 14 with 545 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its the kids then, and pretty much only the kids on 12:18 - Apr 14 by xrayspecs

Part necessity but also a smart move for the club to signal to the players in the academy and their parents that there will be a development pathway for them at ITFC.

Would the players who went to Man City, Arsenal and West Ham in recent seasons have left if they knew they would be given a decent chance here. I wonder if that was part of the discussions or something ME has concluded after we have lost three decent prospects in as many seasons.

I'm sure, in fact, I'm 100% sure that the kids that went to Premiership clubs would all of still gone, yes. Except they'd have gone with 20 odd games each, and we would still of been entitled to the same compensation.

But I do take your point. I suppose with a clear pathway, we should be able to attract the most gifted young players over other clubs.

However, I think our current crop need a few more experienced players around them if we are going to come back at the first attempt.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024