Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord 14:28 - Apr 16 with 956 viewsHeathlander

As you asked about the trip here are some details: -

Took Ferry from Harwich to the Hook - added in a cabin for £10 as it's a seven hour journey. Actually was a right result as the cabins had TV and was able to watch Tiger Woods win the masters on BBC2 on the journey home. Ferry was £90 return with cabin both ways. Gets into Holland at around 5pm.

Rotterdam is easy to get to from the Hook. It's about 20 minutes away on bus and then metro. Only 4 euros.

We stayed at the EasyHotel in the City Centre. It was twin room for £75 a night. It's a budget hotel but perfectly reasonable for a weekend. Everything in Rotterdam is pretty much a couple of minutes away from the hotel. The main street with the restaurants and bars, coffee shops and museums. We went to the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen. It had a Bauhaus exhibition. It also had paintings from all the famous rock and roll star artists. Monet, Van Gough, Picasso etc. That was cool to see them close up.

Restaurants we went to the food was really good and reasonably priced. I would say Rotterdam is similar in price to Ipswich. Maybe slightly more expensive but certainly not London prices.

We got an Uber to the ground for ten quid. The stadium itself is very old skool. About 80 years old apparently. It is a little run down and dirty but it does create a great atmosphere. The match ticket cost £35. You have to buy tokens for food and drink inside the stadium. It's 14 euros for five tokens. A token gets you a small beer, 1.5 tokens a big beer. The beer is good and you can drink it in the stands. You can smoke too. Proper old skool. There was about 40,000 there on Saturday. It kicked off at 8:45 for some reason. They give everyone a free programme too.

One think I really like about European football is the anthems they play as the teams come out and before the start. Everybody joins in. Colonge was similar.

The standard of the football was probably mid table to bottom premier league. Lots of tricky players with limited end product. The match itself was good. 2-1 Feyenoord, Feyenoord played most of the second half with ten men after a player was sent off after a VAR review. It was end to end stuff in the second half after the opposition equalised. Feyenoord brought on Van Persie for the last fifteen minutes. He's obviously a legend there as he got a huge cheer.

I was led to believe the atmosphere would be mad. It wasn't until the last fifteen minutes. Feyenoord were given a penalty with 10 minutes to go and scored. Everyone was really friendly though. Getting back to the city centre is easy. Train next to ground takes you to Rotterdam Central. Half a mile from the hotel.

Rotterdam is a cool city. It's very laid back and friendly. Quite a lot of culture as well. The bars in the main street all have outside seating and heaters, so people were drinking on the street. I would definitely recommend it.
FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord on 16:23 - Apr 16 with 858 viewsjontysnut

The Old waterfront is good - quieter beer bars and a microbrewery. Rotter dam is less tourist friendly than elsewhere in Holland but that's no bad thing. Laughed at my pathetic pronunciation. Food Hall is worth a lunch.
FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord on 17:06 - Apr 16 with 837 viewsSuffolkGoon

Much appreciated mate, thank you very much, can I ask how you get tickets for the game?
FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord on 08:33 - Apr 17 with 729 viewsHeathlander

FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord on 17:06 - Apr 16 by SuffolkGoon

Much appreciated mate, thank you very much, can I ask how you get tickets for the game?

Off the Feyenoord website.
FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord on 13:02 - Apr 17 with 670 viewsSuffolkGoon

FAO SuffolkGoon - Feyenoord on 08:33 - Apr 17 by Heathlander

Off the Feyenoord website.

Cheers 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024