Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all The Cure fans out there! 08:31 - May 2 with 1200 viewsurbanblue

Today is the 30th anniversary of the release of Disintegration ... Probably my favourite album of all time. I saw them on the tour for the album in 1989 and they are now performing it in a gig front of Sydney Opera House at the end of this month.

I missed out in the ballot for tickets but it's being streamed live around the world on 30th May. Will be special I reckon.

For all The Cure fans out there! on 09:06 - May 2 with 1158 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looking at the dates this must have been one of my first gigs when they supported Siouxsie and the Banshees and Smith played for both...from what I remember it was particilarly good (Manchester I think)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.post-punk.com/siouxsie-sioux-and-robert-smith/a

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

For all The Cure fans out there! on 09:19 - May 2 with 1152 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For all The Cure fans out there! on 09:06 - May 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Looking at the dates this must have been one of my first gigs when they supported Siouxsie and the Banshees and Smith played for both...from what I remember it was particilarly good (Manchester I think)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.post-punk.com/siouxsie-sioux-and-robert-smith/a

Those WERE the days.....I've gone all tingly!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bump ... Stars at 11am your time over there! (n/t) on 07:40 - May 30 with 1028 viewsurbanblue

For all The Cure fans out there! on 09:35 - May 30 with 990 viewsRadlett_blue

Saw them at Wembley Arena (or whatever it's called now) a couple of years ago. Robert Smith was the size of a house & seemed to play no more than one chord, but he could still sing and the sound was pretty good & they played a long set, including everything you would want to hear.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

For all The Cure fans out there! on 14:52 - May 30 with 944 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For all The Cure fans out there! on 15:12 - May 30 with 935 viewsurbanblue

For all The Cure fans out there! on 14:52 - May 30 by BryanPlug

I watched it live. Loved it that they played Demos, b sides and rarities for the first half hour including a couple of tracks Smithy said he wrote for Disintegration at the time but ' ... never got around to writing any words!" .... They really were good.

Then the whole of Disintegration followed by a couple of oldies and a couple more obscure tracks. Smithy said he was going to stick by his guns and not do the hits and in my view the gig was far more interesting and better for it!
For all The Cure fans out there! on 16:35 - May 30 with 902 viewsBryanPlug

For all The Cure fans out there! on 15:12 - May 30 by urbanblue

I watched it live. Loved it that they played Demos, b sides and rarities for the first half hour including a couple of tracks Smithy said he wrote for Disintegration at the time but ' ... never got around to writing any words!" .... They really were good.

Then the whole of Disintegration followed by a couple of oldies and a couple more obscure tracks. Smithy said he was going to stick by his guns and not do the hits and in my view the gig was far more interesting and better for it!

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024