Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over to you Mr Evans 08:41 - May 6 with 5077 viewsBlue_Armee

Paul Lambert and the fans have done their bit to galvanise our great club, now it’s your turn Marcus.

Back the Manager and we could have a brilliant season next year

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

However ... on 12:06 - May 6 with 457 viewsMrTown

However ... on 09:08 - May 6 by strikalite

Yep it'll have to be free transfers, if they're any good though we'll have to compete with wages, another stumbling block now, forget spending £1m on a player because unlike last summer we haven't got a single player who'll now raise decent funds to provide that..

Think Bart will be sold, purely of the basis of high wages. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for minimal fee, close to zero. Any fee we receive from player sales i would imagine will be spent on bosman free wages or bridging the revenue loss gap.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

However ... on 12:14 - May 6 with 452 viewsbrogansnose

However ... on 08:54 - May 6 by christiand

Yes agree with all that Guthrum, but I would actually like to see our owner show he is behind the club and be more proactive in his role. ME hasn't invested in us emotionally from day one. Lets be honest, he has been running us like a League One club for the last couple of seasons, so I can't really envisage much change. I just worry this League One arrangement will suit ME far better especially financially, he might actually be content for us to stay at that level.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 8:57]

Its one thing running the club as a Division 3 club - if indeed the case - on Championship income but quite another to run it on Div 3 income which means he has to find more money to input especially with a drop in takings on the gate. He'll want to go back up as soon as possible. Having a Div 3 club does nothing for the MEG brand either.
However ... on 12:50 - May 6 with 437 viewschristiand

However ... on 12:14 - May 6 by brogansnose

Its one thing running the club as a Division 3 club - if indeed the case - on Championship income but quite another to run it on Div 3 income which means he has to find more money to input especially with a drop in takings on the gate. He'll want to go back up as soon as possible. Having a Div 3 club does nothing for the MEG brand either.

I really don't think he is that bothered.I know it's a standing joke on here regarding the state of PR, but that has his MEG branding emblazoned all of it and it appears he's is quite content to leave it in the state it is in regardless of the image. I really hope you're right, but I just get this little voice in the back of my head, 'Remember how ME has operated over the last few seasons' If it can be done with without spending money, then all well and good!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Over to you Mr Evans on 13:00 - May 6 with 429 viewsjas0999

Agreed. There will inevitably be a sale or two, but money must be freed up - not millions - but to the levels required to challenge at the very top of the table. A carefully selected loan and three or four permanent additions needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024