Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you don't do anything wrong etc...... 22:56 - May 11 with 840 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://bigbrotherwatch.org.uk/all-media/met-police-facial-recognition-trial-in-

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you don't do anything wrong etc...... on 06:08 - May 12 with 735 viewsm14_blue

This seems more than a little dodgy to me.
If you don't do anything wrong etc...... on 09:11 - May 12 with 670 viewsOldsmoker

I felt the same way about CCTV in our city centres.
I felt better when the still photographs from the CCTV showed that the image wasn't very good and the police had to resort to "have you seen this man?" posters. It was also evident that the police had too much CCTV footage to view and not enough staff to look at it. I suspect that this technology will have the same pattern - useful in theory but near useless in pratice.
In theory they will know everyone who passed by a facial-recog camera but in practice the data storage requirements will be massive and costly. If they use the kit to find wanted people only then that would be practical and obtainable but an historical database of all peoples movements is a waste of time.
Plod hasn't got the money or resources to roll this out countrywide and anyway you'd need an evil facist government to make it happen.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

If you don't do anything wrong etc...... on 09:13 - May 12 with 664 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you don't do anything wrong etc...... on 09:11 - May 12 by Oldsmoker

I felt the same way about CCTV in our city centres.
I felt better when the still photographs from the CCTV showed that the image wasn't very good and the police had to resort to "have you seen this man?" posters. It was also evident that the police had too much CCTV footage to view and not enough staff to look at it. I suspect that this technology will have the same pattern - useful in theory but near useless in pratice.
In theory they will know everyone who passed by a facial-recog camera but in practice the data storage requirements will be massive and costly. If they use the kit to find wanted people only then that would be practical and obtainable but an historical database of all peoples movements is a waste of time.
Plod hasn't got the money or resources to roll this out countrywide and anyway you'd need an evil facist government to make it happen.

.....coming soon!

If you don't do anything wrong etc...... on 09:35 - May 12 with 644 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you don't do anything wrong etc...... on 06:08 - May 12 by m14_blue

This seems more than a little dodgy to me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m9ry

Check out 3 min 30 or so......

In 96% of cases it has misidentified people as suspects!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/facial-recognition-london-inaccu
[Post edited 12 May 2019 9:42]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024