Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't hold out hope, but it would be great if Evans learned from last year 10:59 - May 30 with 740 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Hurst was looking in the freebies bin for people like Roberts, then had a little bit of cash to spend with Webster going and brought in the likes of Edwards and Harrison, then got a big windfall from Waghorn and brought in Jackson, Nsiala and Nolan.

It was almost like we changed transfer strategy three times in the same summer, from no money to spend, to a little, to quite a bit.

I hope that Evans has a plan in place financially, an amount that Lambert can spend and then takes a reasonable risk against that, by taking a chance on some business elsewhere coming off.

Bart could be off for £1m, the same with Crowe for maybe half that. I understand that if we make money from transfers that money then becomes available.

However, there seems a very good chance of getting £800k - £1m for Clarke from his sell on, given that he seems certain to move and the talk of Mings going to Villa for £12m would see us get another £800k or so. This also looks likely to happen but he could move for a similar fee to what they paid.

That's £1.5m or thereabouts that we will probably end up with from those two players but may not. If we are £8m down on last season and juggling the finances, hopefully Evans will take a risk on giving Lambert Say £1.5m additional early on, to either replace with Bart and Crowe going or with some money from possible sell ons. Obviously, Harrison looks like he could be going to.

I wouldn't want Lambert to be in the same situation of bringing 4 or 5 in on frees like Norwood, Thompson and so on and then being given £3m or so towards the end of the window when it's finally come in, only to then be tempted to replace the replacements!

We have lost a huge sum which Evans needs to balance. It would be nice if he could get ahead of the curve, take a little bit of a calculated risk and let Lambert improve his squad now with money that we look extremely likely to recoup.

We could always actively look to sell Bart, Harrison and so on if they were still here and Clarke and Mings were to stay put. It would be great to spend money and recoup it later against saleable assets that we clearly have, rather than missing out on targets because we are waiting to sell first.
[Post edited 30 May 2019 11:02]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I don't hold out hope, but it would be great if Evans learned from last year on 11:06 - May 30 with 705 viewsOldsmoker

The Holy and Norwood signings are a good start and have been sensible business. I think Hurst got too much pocket money for his trip to the sweet shop.
Lambert's a scot and scots have a reputation of being tight with money.
Did I say tight? I meant sensible.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I don't hold out hope, but it would be great if Evans learned from last year on 11:08 - May 30 with 688 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I don't hold out hope, but it would be great if Evans learned from last year on 11:06 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

The Holy and Norwood signings are a good start and have been sensible business. I think Hurst got too much pocket money for his trip to the sweet shop.
Lambert's a scot and scots have a reputation of being tight with money.
Did I say tight? I meant sensible.

So do Yorkshiremen like Mick.

Where was Hurst from again?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I don't hold out hope, but it would be great if Evans learned from last year on 11:25 - May 30 with 654 viewsOldsmoker

I don't hold out hope, but it would be great if Evans learned from last year on 11:08 - May 30 by WarkTheWarkITFC

So do Yorkshiremen like Mick.

Where was Hurst from again?

Hurst was from South Yorkshire and everyone in the rest of Yorkshire calls them "southern softies".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024