Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton have released their squad numbers 14:20 - Jul 12 with 2993 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

1 Ben Alnwick
4 Jason Lowe
7 Erhun Oztumer
15 Luke Murphy
20 Remi Matthews
28 Josh Magennis
35 Connor Hall

Okay, so these are last seasons squad numbers but I just thought it was funny anyway. Can't stand them.

Seven professional players currently at the club and two are keepers. Surely they have to be looking for a move themselves.

Can anyone remember anything similar? I'm struggling. I had a quick check and could only find mention of one pre-season match.

As it stands they'll be starting -12 points with what will effectively be their U23 team. I can't see anyway that they can stay up now. Even if a owner comes in with money, it'll presumably be too late to get enough quality and convince people to sign. They are in a far worse position than we were in January. Who, that is League One quality, would sign for them and not another club and risk both not being paid and probably struggling all season.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 14:25]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:22 - Jul 12 with 320 viewsgosblue

I remember Blackpool being in similar dire straits a few years back. A quick check on Wikipedia tells me it was 2014/15 when they only had eight first team players on their books two weeks before the season started.
Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:23 - Jul 12 with 318 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:20 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

This is just further scraping of the barrel, you aren't much better than anyone if you pick up 25 points over 42 games.

But you are. You are much better than a team who scored 2/3 of the points you got over that period!

The facts are there.

Bolton were better than us over the course of the season. We were much better than them over the course of the last 42 games (90% of the season).

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:24 - Jul 12 with 315 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Bolton have released their squad numbers on 16:22 - Jul 12 by gosblue

I remember Blackpool being in similar dire straits a few years back. A quick check on Wikipedia tells me it was 2014/15 when they only had eight first team players on their books two weeks before the season started.

You're quite right. 2014-15. They ended up finishing bottom and getting relegated.

And that was without a 12 point deduction!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024